second HD on laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by tudor, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. tudor

    tudor Guest

    hi!
    I was wondering... is it possible to add a second hd (not replace the
    original) like instead of the CD or floppy ?

    I have an armada E500. Anyone did this?

    Thanx!

    1. Advertising

  2. Uwe Graepel

    Uwe Graepel Guest

    > I was wondering... is it possible to add a second hd (not replace the
    > original) like instead of the CD or floppy ?

    Of course; this laptop has (as all armada and evo) a multibay compartment.
    So you can use any 2,5" HD you want in it. But you will need the HD multibay
    adapter.

    Regards,

    Uwe

    1. Advertising

  3. tudor

    tudor Guest

    Marcel Klein wrote:

    >> So you can use any 2,5" HD you want in it. But you will need the HD

    > multibay
    >> adapter.

    > wich by the way isnt sold on its own... Compaq puts standard HDs in and
    > sell those for at least twice the normal price...

    Ha! Ha! How funny!

    Thanx for the info. I will give them a call for the prices.

  4. Uwe Graepel

    Uwe Graepel Guest

    > wich by the way isnt sold on its own... Compaq puts standard HDs in and
    > sell those for at least twice the normal price...

    If you ask for a new one - yes. But if you're requesting a spare part
    because yours is broken :)

    Regards,

    Uwe