    original) like instead of the CD or floppy ?

    I have an armada E500. Anyone did this?

    Thanx!
    tudor, Jun 28, 2003

  2. tudor

    Uwe Graepel Guest

    > I was wondering... is it possible to add a second hd (not replace the
    > original) like instead of the CD or floppy ?

    Of course; this laptop has (as all armada and evo) a multibay compartment.
    So you can use any 2,5" HD you want in it. But you will need the HD multibay
    adapter.

    Regards,

    Uwe
    Uwe Graepel, Jun 28, 2003

  3. tudor

    tudor Guest

    Marcel Klein wrote:

    >> So you can use any 2,5" HD you want in it. But you will need the HD

    > multibay
    >> adapter.

    > wich by the way isnt sold on its own... Compaq puts standard HDs in and
    > sell those for at least twice the normal price...

    Ha! Ha! How funny!

    Thanx for the info. I will give them a call for the prices.
    tudor, Jun 28, 2003
  4. tudor

    Uwe Graepel Guest

    > wich by the way isnt sold on its own... Compaq puts standard HDs in and
    > sell those for at least twice the normal price...

    If you ask for a new one - yes. But if you're requesting a spare part
    because yours is broken :)

    Regards,

    Uwe
    Uwe Graepel, Jun 28, 2003