Seeking other HP Pavilion Media Center, TV PC owners/users

Discussion in 'HP' started by CSUjr, May 10, 2007.

  1. CSUjr

    CSUjr

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Location:
    NW Washington State, USA
    Is there anyone here that owns and/or operates a HP Pavilion Media Center, TV PC?

    Or, does anyone here know someone that does?

    The reason that I'm asking is that I purchased a HP Pavilion Media Center m7790e TV PC February 20, 2007 that had to be replaced because of a variety, unresolvable problems.

    The replacement for that computer was a HP Pavilion Media Center m8000y TV PC - which by their (HP) accounts is their Top-Of-The-Line Media Center.

    I received that replacement about 10 days ago and found that is was malfunctioning because of nearly identical issues. :eek: :mad:

    A Moderator of another forum said (in regard to HP Media Center PC's running Vista);
    "HP customizes each copy of the OS for the specific product series, so it's entirely possible a mistake was made in a particular product line and has been overlooked".

    Is there anyone here that knows anything about this? Or perhaps, knows someone that does - or perhaps can suggest a place(s) (other than HP) where I can get some down-right facts, or at least some more information?

    The reason that I ask This is because if the Moderator is correct in this being a "particular product line" with system wide problems, then it would not help if HP replaced this New m8000y unit.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Charles

    CSUjr, May 10, 2007
  2. CSUjr

    dsikes1

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    I just purchased the pavilion m8020n, which is a TV PC. I've hooked it up and have had a few glitches, but nothing major. What type of problems are you having?

    dsikes1, May 21, 2007
  3. CSUjr

    CSUjr

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Location:
    NW Washington State, USA
    Thank you for your reply.

    I received the System Recovery discs and that solved the Home Premium software malfuctioning issues.

    After that, I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.

    I am now trying to partition the hard drive and install Windows XP into that partition.

    But, I am having difficulty obtaining information from HP regarding the drivers and/or information about the drivers that are required to install XP on this machine (within that partition).

    Microsoft is working with me to assist in the proper partitioning of the hard drive and the proper installation of XP within that partition.

    However, they said that it is the responsibility of HP to provide me with the required drivers and/or precise directive infomation to obtain the drivers.

    I am still waiting on HP to help me with this. So, I'm just going to keep a good thought and hope for the best.

    CSUjr, May 22, 2007