Sempron 2400 (sda2400ut3d) - Standard-Speed?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Tobias K, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Tobias K

    Tobias K Guest

    Hi!

    What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
    and am not sure how to set it correctly.

    Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should i
    use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
    frequencies.

    We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
    1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have jumpers
    but am not sure how to configure...)

    And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a good
    one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?

    Greetings

    Tobias

    Tobias K, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Tobias K

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:45:54 +0100, Tobias K wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
    > and am not sure how to set it correctly.

    Set the FSB to 166MHz. vcore 1.60v. Multiplier to auto.

    > Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should
    > i use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
    > frequencies.

    333 is actually 166MHz and that's the default for this cpu.

    > We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
    > 1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have
    > jumpers but am not sure how to configure...)

    Normally you don't have to mess wit the jumpers. There should be a FSB
    setting in the bios.

    > And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a
    > good one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?

    2200-2400MHz, but I don't think your board will support a FSB fast enough
    to get that high. Default multipler of the cpu is 10x.

    Wes Newell, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Tobias K

    Paul Guest

    Tobias K wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > What are the standard settings for this cpu? I have it on a ASROCK K7S41GX
    > and am not sure how to set it correctly.
    >
    > Which FSB (The jumpers allow: 200, 266 or 333)? Which multiplier should i
    > use? Normally, i do not deal with boards that has jumpers for setting
    > frequencies.
    >
    > We got this computer and it is not configured correctly (it recognizes a
    > 1000 mhz cpu and the jumpers that need to be set are missing. i have jumpers
    > but am not sure how to configure...)
    >
    > And then i think about overclocking it slightly. The cpu cooler is a good
    > one. How much can i overclock without a too big risk?
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Tobias

    Sempron page:
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_11683,00.html

    Page 33 here, says 2400+ is 1667MHz. Page 34 says clock is 166MHz. So multiplier
    should automatically be 10x.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/31693.pdf

    1000MHz processor, is 100MHz x 10. So you know the multiplier is right, and
    just need to bump the clock to 166MHz.

    You can verify your system settings, using CPUZ from www.cpuid.com , while
    in Windows.

    Paul