    runs as just over 2.

    Board:- MSI KT4AV-L
    Memory 512 DDR 2700 333

    needtooknow-basis, Sep 27, 2004

  2. needtooknow-basis

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:37:26 +0100, needtooknow-basis wrote:

    > Just met one of these things for the first time. By default, shows as XP
    > 1000. Clocked up to show XP2000 and still stable with temp of 40C.
    > Simple question, where should I leave it without contravening the
    > manufacturers settings?
    > Doubt if it could be as simple as 2400 because the XP 2600+ thbd only
    > runs as just over 2.
    >
    > Board:- MSI KT4AV-L
    > Memory 512 DDR 2700 333

    It's designed for a default 166Mhz FSB, and that's probably where you have
    yours now if it's reading as an 2000+ XP. Semprons are XP's only setup
    with defaylt 166MHz FSB and ratings that compare it to Celerons. If your
    board doesn't support the new Sempron name it should report as an XP -400,
    thus the Sempron 2400+ is approximately the same as an Athlon XP 2000+.
    To get max performance out of the Semprons, you'll need a FSB of 200 or
    higher. 233MHz should be easy.

    Wes Newell, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Got it!, Many thanks!

    needtooknow-basis, Sep 28, 2004