    now!)

    Is that about the right speed being reported?

    Many thanks

    Tamsyn Steadwood, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Tamsyn Steadwood

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:56:56 +0100, Tamsyn Steadwood wrote:

    > I've just upgraded my PC to a socket 754 mobo with a Sempron 2800+
    > processor. It's being reported as running at 1.61 GHz. My question is (for
    > now!)
    >
    > Is that about the right speed being reported?

    Yes. That's the default speed, 8x200. Now what you need to do is raise the
    FSB to 233, 266, or even 300MHz or higher if your board and ram will
    support it and you really want to get the most out of the cpu. To
    overclock the cpu, you'll need to lower the Ht link multiplier and lower
    the base ram bus speed also if needed. As a general guideline, lower the
    ram bus the same amount that you raise the FSB clock, and lower the HT
    multiplier by one notch for every 33MHz you raise the FSB. If you need
    more help, I'd need to know your MB model or at least which chipset it
    uses.

    Wes Newell, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Tamsyn Steadwood

    uddarts Guest

    "" wrote:
    > I've just upgraded my PC to a socket 754 mobo with a Sempron
    > 2800+
    > processor. It's being reported as running at 1.61 GHz. My
    > question is (for
    > now!)
    >
    > Is that about the right speed being reported?
    >
    > Many thanks

    that appears to be right.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104245

    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=2880719#post2880719

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Thunderbird-Sempron2880-ftopict62407.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314325

    uddarts, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Right, seems I've made a mistake on the chipset. The website i bought the
    mobo from said it would have the sis chipset, in fact it is the Nvidia
    Nforce 3 250 chipset. how does this go for overclocking - if the processor
    is running at the correct speed at 1.6GHz?

    Tamsyn Steadwood, Sep 25, 2005