sendmail from sol8 to sol10

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by joshua.noble.fuller@gmail.com, May 12, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Any of you have any success carrying over a past sendmail
    configuration from sol8 to a sol10 installation? I can't find any docs
    for this procedure. I have the feeling I am overlooking several config
    files.

    Any help appreciated.

    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > Any of you have any success carrying over a past sendmail
    > configuration from sol8 to a sol10 installation? I can't find any docs
    > for this procedure. I have the feeling I am overlooking several config
    > files.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    You are probably better off looking back at your old .mc files to see what
    you added to them and why, and then implementing the same with the new
    version of sendmail.

    The major change you will notice is that there are now two instances of
    sendmail, essentially one for sending and one for receiving, with separate
    configuration files. One is sendmail.cf, the other submit.cf. The files
    used are in /etc/mail, so /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/mail/submit.cf.
    The .mc source files are in /etc/mail/cf/cf. Modify those and build the
    ..cf files using make. Copy the new .cf files into place. Restart sendmail

    # cd/etc/mail/cf/cf
    # make sendmail.cf
    # make submit.cf
    # cp sendmail.cf ../..
    # cp submit.cf ../..
    # svcadm disable sendmail
    # svcadm enable sendmail

    If you don't already have a copy, get the sendmail book from O'Reilly.

    --
    Dr Tristram J. Scott
    Energy Consultant