Separate Line in jack?

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Louise, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Louise

    Louise Guest

    I just got a new system with an Audigy 2 ZS. The audio sound is pretty
    good and I'd be happy - except -

    I use voice recognition software with a microphone, attached to a preamp
    which feeds into the line-in jack.

    The Audigy 2 ZS has combined the line in with several other inputs and I
    have to go into the panel everytime I want to use the line in as it
    automatically turns off as soon as I load my voice recognition software.

    There also seems to be some "leakage" and even when I check the box to
    not monitor recording, I often get a little feedback from my speakers.

    Is there another card, similar in audio quality, that has a truly
    separate line-in jack?

    What about the M-Audio Revolution card?

    Louise

    Louise, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Louise

    Dave Hamaker Guest

    Have you checked with the maker of the voice recognition software about
    this? It's something the application can be taught to handle and they
    may have done so. Even if they haven't, you can remind them that the
    Audigy series dominates the market and it might be good business for their
    developers to contact Creative Labs.

    -Dave

    Dave Hamaker, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Louise

    Louise Guest

    In article <YPwhc.39416$>,
    says...
    > Have you checked with the maker of the voice recognition software about
    > this? It's something the application can be taught to handle and they
    > may have done so. Even if they haven't, you can remind them that the
    > Audigy series dominates the market and it might be good business for their
    > developers to contact Creative Labs.
    >
    > -Dave
    >

    > Louise <> writes:
    >
    > >I just got a new system with an Audigy 2 ZS. The audio sound is pretty
    > >good and I'd be happy - except -

    > >I use voice recognition software with a microphone, attached to a preamp
    > >which feeds into the line-in jack.

    > >The Audigy 2 ZS has combined the line in with several other inputs and I
    > >have to go into the panel everytime I want to use the line in as it
    > >automatically turns off as soon as I load my voice recognition software.

    > >There also seems to be some "leakage" and even when I check the box to
    > >not monitor recording, I often get a little feedback from my speakers.

    > >Is there another card, similar in audio quality, that has a truly
    > >separate line-in jack?

    > >What about the M-Audio Revolution card?

    > >Louise

    I will try - the company is Scansoft, who I don't believe is known for
    their tech support.

    One other time I talked to them, a "preamp" was not on their recommended
    list (neither is a Sennheiser 431), and they said they couldn't help
    with anything connected this way. This answer, despite the fact that it
    is clearly an option offerred by the program ;-)

    I may start poking around their various ini files and registry entries
    because I now have narrowed down when it actually occurs.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Louise

    Louise, Apr 22, 2004