    same aspect ratio as the native screen. But this option isn't available
    in the settings. At the moment I've set it to 1600 x 1200.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Salvador Freemanson, Aug 18, 2009

  2. Salvador Freemanson

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:4a8ae3e3$0$9137$,
    Salvador Freemanson typed on Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:24:53 +0200:
    > Hello,
    >
    > The screen on my Toshiba laptop (satellite 100 whcih has a 15 inch
    > screen with 1280 x 800 resolution ) has broken, so I am using it with
    > an external monitor for the time being.
    >
    > However, I haven't been able to set its resolution to match that of
    > the 24 inch monitor, which has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, which is
    > the same aspect ratio as the native screen. But this option isn't
    > available in the settings. At the moment I've set it to 1600 x 1200.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?

    That is perfectly normal if the laptop's video card can't produce that
    higher resolution. Most laptops cannot go higher than 1600x. Although if
    you want to check for an updated video driver for your laptop, that
    would be about your only hope.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Aug 18, 2009

  3. Salvador Freemanson

    spamme0 Guest

    Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > The screen on my Toshiba laptop (satellite 100 whcih has a 15 inch
    > screen with 1280 x 800 resolution ) has broken, so I am using it with an
    > external monitor for the time being.
    >
    > However, I haven't been able to set its resolution to match that of the
    > 24 inch monitor, which has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, which is the
    > same aspect ratio as the native screen. But this option isn't available
    > in the settings. At the moment I've set it to 1600 x 1200.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?

    I had the same problem adding a wide-screen monitor to my desktop.
    Downloading a display "driver" .inf file from the vendor made that
    resolution available. You also have to assume that your laptop
    is capable of that resolution or it ain't gonna work anyway.
    Sometimes drivers from the display chip vendor can help.

    spamme0, Aug 19, 2009