    the initialization strings.

    Can I install it with these?

    How do I go about it?

    Ray Jenkins, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Ray Jenkins

    Ray Jenkins Guest

    Thanks Ian --

    Does the "standard modem" work with a PCMCIA card modem? Somehow I thought
    it was for the internal modems only.

    FYI, I'm trying to fix up a very old laptop on the cheap, for a needy kid
    who needs it for school. It's a pro bono hobby of mine.

    -- Ray
    "Ian Stirling" <> wrote in message
    > Ray Jenkins <Rayj.balt@verizondotnet> wrote:
    > > I am trying to install in my old laptop a Cardinal v.34 33.6 fax modem.
    > >
    > > I can't seem to find the drivers anywhere on the internet, but I did

    find
    > > the initialization strings.

    > Try just "standard modem" to setup with.
    >
    > --
    > http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: | Ian

    Stirling.

    ------
    > "The theory of everything falls out trivially." -- Etherman, sci.physics

    kook.

    Ray Jenkins, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Ray Jenkins

    Ray Jenkins Guest

    Addendum to message just posted:

    The modem doesn't seem to be listed in the Win95 disc, but I think it's in
    the Win98. Do you know of any way to extract a modem driver from the Win95
    disc?

    ------

    Ray Jenkins, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Ray Jenkins

    Ian Stirling Guest

    Ray Jenkins <Rayj.balt@verizondotnet> wrote:
    > Thanks Ian --
    >
    > Does the "standard modem" work with a PCMCIA card modem? Somehow I thought
    > it was for the internal modems only.

    PCMCIA modems have two (logical) parts, a serial interface, and the
    actual modem, in one card.
    There was (IIRC) last time I looked "standard PCMCIA modem", but this would
    have been windows 95.

    --
    http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: | Ian Stirling.
    If God hadn't intended us to eat animals,

    Ian Stirling, Aug 10, 2003