    Claims "Compatible Part Numbers: UM08A31"

    I suppose I also have to assume this will raise the profile of the
    netbook, quite a lot.

    walterbyrd, Jan 31, 2010

  2. walterbyrd

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    AJL typed on Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:31:03 -0700:
    > With my Eee PC netbook I went from a 4400 to a 6600 mAh battery
    > without any change in the battery case size. That's because the 4400
    > mAh battery had some empty cell holes inside the case and the
    > replacement 6600mAh battery filled the empty holes with cells. That
    > increased my use time from about 3 to 5 hours (surfing with wireless
    > on). I think the extra time gained from a monster battery just isn't
    > worth the pregnant look and added weight but YMMV...

    I have four 5200mah and one 10440mah batteries. I actually have a
    5200mah and a 10440mah with me right now out and about. I never ran out
    of power yet with carrying around two batteries. Although if I do, I
    guess I'll start carrying the other three around with me too. ;-)

    --
    Bill
    Asus EEE PC 702G8 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

    BillW50, Feb 1, 2010

  3. walterbyrd

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    walterbyrd <> wrote:
    >Just bought an Acer eMachines eM250-1162 Netbook at Walmart $228. I
    >was disappointed to find that the 3-cell UM08A31 battery will only
    >last 3 hours.
    >
    >It is my understanding that I can replace the 3-cell with a 6-cell, or
    >a 9-cell, and get longer battery life. For example, this 9-cell
    >battery:
    >
    >http://www.amazon.com/Extended-Capa...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1264961797&sr=1-1
    >
    >Claims "Compatible Part Numbers: UM08A31"
    >
    >I suppose I also have to assume this will raise the profile of the
    >netbook, quite a lot.

    Why not return it and invest the extra cost in a netbook that comes with a
    factory standard battery having higher capacity?

    Mike S., Feb 1, 2010