Shuttle AN35N 400 Ultra

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Sledgehammer13, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?

    Sledgehammer13, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Sledgehammer13

    Frank v7.0 Guest

    Sledgehammer13 wrote:
    > Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?

    Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
    board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
    one for my 11 year old.

    --
    FRH

    Frank v7.0, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Sledgehammer13

    Kristi Guest

    On 11/9/2004 8:11:54 PM, "Frank v7.0" wrote:
    >Sledgehammer13 wrote:
    >> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?
    >>

    >Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
    >board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and built
    >one for my 11 year old.
    >
    >--
    >FRH

    Ditto what Frank said!
    Kristi

    --
    Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
    * * *

    Kristi, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Sledgehammer13

    MagicUK Guest

    what shuttle models this, i have the sn45g.

    MagicUK, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Sledgehammer13

    MagicUK Guest

    its a full atx board correct?

    MagicUK, Nov 10, 2004
  6. Sledgehammer13

    ranchhand Guest

    This is one great board. For the money it's the bargain of the decade.
    Extremely fast and stable, FSB up to 400. I don't know why some folks
    say it's not good for o/clocking, the guys in our office are
    o/clocking the bejabbers out of this board-we all have one, and I have
    two.
    We are running AMDs (obviously).

    ranchhand, Nov 10, 2004
  7. Sledgehammer13

    John Guest

    Love mine. No problems at all.

    John, Nov 12, 2004
  8. Some trouble getting 5.1 sound out of mine. Plugging the speakers in as
    directed, I had sound out of everything exept the front speakers. Worked
    around that by plugging the front speaker leads into the front-of-case
    headphone jack, and all is fine now.

    Some have solved it by gettting the Realtek drivers (actual mfr of the sound
    chip) instead of using the nVidia drivers.

    Otherwise, awesome board. Cheap, and great for o'clocking.

    Matty

    Matty Anderson, Dec 1, 2004
  9. Sledgehammer13

    Fishface Guest

    Kristi wrote:

    > On 11/9/2004 8:11:54 PM, "Frank v7.0" wrote:
    > >Sledgehammer13 wrote:
    > >> Anyone know anything about this board? Any known problems?
    > >>

    > >Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
    > >board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and
    > >built one for my 11 year old.
    > >
    > >--
    > >FRH
    > >

    > Ditto what Frank said!

    Wow, what are the odds that you'd have two and an eleven year old
    with one, also?! That is amazing!

    Fishface, Dec 11, 2004
  10. Sledgehammer13

    Frank_v7.0 Guest

    Fishface wrote:
    > Kristi wrote:

    >>>Stable, reliable, easily overclocked. Not the ultimate overclocking
    >>>board, but enough to make it a bargain. I'm running two myself and
    >>>built one for my 11 year old.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>FRH
    >>>

    >>Ditto what Frank said!

    > Wow, what are the odds that you'd have two and an eleven year old
    > with one, also?! That is amazing!

    LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!

    --
    FRH

    Frank_v7.0, Dec 11, 2004
  11. Sledgehammer13

    Fishface Guest

    Frank_v7.0 wrote:

    > LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!

    I'm selling mine to my sister. She was still using a PII!
    I have it in an Antec SLK2650-BQE with 512MB of
    Mushkin PC3200 (2.5-3-3-11) running 11 x 200 at
    1.675v. with a quiet Speeze fan. I used a black Samsung
    floppy drive and NEC ND-3500A with a Maxtor 120GB
    8MB buffer drive that I bought on sale. I wired the
    120mm case fan to 7v. It has MSI MX440 video. I told
    her that if she wanted to play 3D games, it would cost her
    (a lot) more. I added an inexpensive 3Net hardware
    modem with an Intel chip (hey, can I put one of those
    "Intel Inside" stickers on the case?!).

    The snorkel on the case doesn't quite line-up with the CPU,
    and actually makes the case louder, but she makes it live on
    the floor, anyway. She's hooking it to a Samsung 710n
    black monitor and some audiophile friendly 2.1 speakers.

    Very sweet, and it's a lot quieter than my setup.

    Fishface, Dec 11, 2004
  12. Sledgehammer13

    Frank_v7.0 Guest

    Fishface wrote:
    > Frank_v7.0 wrote:
    >

    >>LOL! Almost as amazing as the AN35N!

    > I'm selling mine to my sister. She was still using a PII!
    > I have it in an Antec SLK2650-BQE with 512MB of
    > Mushkin PC3200 (2.5-3-3-11) running 11 x 200 at
    > 1.675v. with a quiet Speeze fan. I used a black Samsung
    > floppy drive and NEC ND-3500A with a Maxtor 120GB
    > 8MB buffer drive that I bought on sale. I wired the
    > 120mm case fan to 7v. It has MSI MX440 video. I told
    > her that if she wanted to play 3D games, it would cost her
    > (a lot) more. I added an inexpensive 3Net hardware
    > modem with an Intel chip (hey, can I put one of those
    > "Intel Inside" stickers on the case?!).
    >
    > The snorkel on the case doesn't quite line-up with the CPU,
    > and actually makes the case louder, but she makes it live on
    > the floor, anyway. She's hooking it to a Samsung 710n
    > black monitor and some audiophile friendly 2.1 speakers.
    >
    > Very sweet, and it's a lot quieter than my setup.

    Intel inside! Another amazing coincidence, both of mine have Intel 536EP
    modems. If she wants to play 3D games an old Ti4200 on ebay would be a
    cheap solution. Just got one for $65 shipped USPS priority. I just use
    them for CFS2 amd Red Baron 3D, but it gives me 100FPS with all the eye
    candy on.

    --
    FRH

    Frank_v7.0, Dec 12, 2004