ShuttleX: SB65G2, a few questions

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by TPA, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. TPA

    TPA Guest

    I bought and built this machine up over the week-end and all it running
    pretty well.

    I installed a 2.6Ghz P4 and wanted to use 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX
    KHX3200/512.

    I have two immediate problems. The machine will not run correctly with 2nd
    DIMM installed. I have checked with Shuttle and their tech support says my
    memory is fine it is simple that my SPD and DDR voltages need to be
    adjusted. I get all sorts of weird errors when I add 2nd DIMM. I have tried
    them separately in DIMM1 and all is well till I add 2nd stick. So, I am sure
    each of the DIMM's are fine. Hyperthreading is enabled and appears to be
    working just fine.

    Second problem is a bit more dicey. The fan on this machine has a very nasty
    whine. When I move my mouse around or any general activity, it actually
    increases the whine of the fan. If this was a sound card issue (read via
    chipset) I could understand, but I can't figure out how simple I/O activity
    causes the 'shreik' to increase. Also, related, when I am on my cordless
    2.4GHz phone near the machine, the phone gets really heavy with static. The
    wirelss module is disabled in WinXP, so I don't know why the two would have
    'issues'

    Anyone who can help me on the above is much appreciated. I have run some
    standard Sandra benchmarks and all seems fine

    Config

    Shuttle SB65G2
    P4 2.6 GHz
    512 Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    Apache 56K voice modem
    WinXP Pro
    connected to network with integrated 10/100
    TPA, Oct 17, 2003

  2. [This followup was posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle and a
    copy was sent to the cited author.]

    In article <TLUjb.158558$%h1.155550@sccrnsc02>, tpa123
    @nospam.comcast.net says...

    Chris Ciccarello, Oct 29, 2003