Siemens Mc75 hangs on pin code, ideas?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by mupptupp@hotmail.com, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi there!
    I have a problem with my siemens Mc75 modem. The thing is that
    everyting is working on the development board. When i try the same code
    with the nessesary changes tha modem appears to hang when i enter pin
    code. Every AT command exept AT+CPIN=8822 works and replies correct
    data. But CPIN anwers nothing. We have seen on orchiloscope that there
    is a clock signal to the sim, but it stopes after approx 2 sek of
    communication with the sim, there is also some communication going on
    when requesting SIM code. But the modem doesn aswer anything to the
    uart. I think that you must have AT+Cpin in you code to get connection
    to the internet, becouse else AT+CREG never comes.

    Have anyone experiensed the same problem or have any idea. Everything
    would be helpful.

    /Regards
    Martin Senior Deverloper
    Lansen AB

    1. Advertising

  2. Sawik

    Sawik Guest

    :
    > Hi there!
    > I have a problem with my siemens Mc75 modem. The thing is that
    > everyting is working on the development board. When i try the same code
    > with the nessesary changes tha modem appears to hang when i enter pin
    > code. Every AT command exept AT+CPIN=8822 works and replies correct
    > data. But CPIN anwers nothing. We have seen on orchiloscope that there
    > is a clock signal to the sim, but it stopes after approx 2 sek of
    > communication with the sim, there is also some communication going on
    > when requesting SIM code. But the modem doesn aswer anything to the
    > uart. I think that you must have AT+Cpin in you code to get connection
    > to the internet, becouse else AT+CREG never comes.
    >

    > Have anyone experiensed the same problem or have any idea. Everything
    > would be helpful.
    >
    > /Regards
    > Martin Senior Deverloper
    > Lansen AB

    Do you have VSENSE and ISENS tied together? They also should be
    connected to VBATT (possibly VBATT->VSENS->res->ISENS). Most likely
    that's the problem (it bit me in the same fashion as you have
    described). Some earlier version of MC75 HW guide stated that those pins
    should be left open if unused, but that's not true.

    Maciek.

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    This could be the thing. I will try it right away :D

  4. Guest

    IT works thx alot..

  5. waqas

    waqas

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    MC75 modem causing problem in .net application

    Hi
    When i connect to MC75 modem using hyperterminal it works fine, but when i use my .net application and send AT commands, it does not give response of commands. Prior to this i was using MC35 and that was working fine with the same code. Can any body help me in this regard.
    Thanks

    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007