    Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?

    Thanks

    eric

    Eric Parker, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Eric Parker wrote:
    > Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?

    It's the memory power LED - indicates that power is being supplied to
    the memory modules and doubles as a warning that you should not remove
    or insert memory while it is lit.

    Travis Jordan, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Eric Parker

    Eric Parker Guest

    "Travis Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > Eric Parker wrote:
    > > Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?

    > It's the memory power LED - indicates that power is being supplied to
    > the memory modules and doubles as a warning that you should not remove
    > or insert memory while it is lit.

    Update on this.

    I've since been told that the red LED indicates CPU over temperature which ties in
    with the behaviour I saw. The motherboard was giving up driving the fan after a
    while. Now it's given up altogether.

    eric

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly