Skybuck's A8N32-SLI Deluxe Bios Chip Identified !

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Hello,

    My Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard came with a white sticker on it
    (beware yellow stickers might have a different bios chip ?!)

    I tried to figure out the exact chip, however no documentation seems
    to be available on the internet and nobody seems to be able to
    identify it.

    So I decided to remove the sticker and take a picture of it.

    The chip is identified as:

    Winbond
    W39V080APZ
    442698600972
    450LDFA

    A 32 pin PLCC (bios) chip.

    Surprise, surpise a Winbond chip. Me not to found of winbond, since my
    winbond network cards also gave me headaches if I remember
    correctly ;)

    My website has been updated with a new picture and some info:

    http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPC2006/Disection3june2007/

    Couple of serious questions:

    1. Where can these chips be bought ?

    2. Do I need this exact winbond chip or can it be replaced with a SST
    chip ?
    (I have seen almost the same asus board with a SST chip ?! the asus
    board model name was the same though components slighty different like
    no sleaves on parallel port, probably minor differences. )

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Skybuck

    ~PCfreak©~ Guest

    Op Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:53:58 -0700, schreef Skybuck
    <> het volgende.

    >Hello,

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    groetjes Henk
    --
    Maak je USB-stick bootable, zie mijn site hoe.
    [haal "DIT WEG" weg]

    ~PCfreak©~, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Skybuck

    John Lewis Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:53:58 -0700, Skybuck <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >My Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard came with a white sticker on it
    >(beware yellow stickers might have a different bios chip ?!)
    >
    >I tried to figure out the exact chip, however no documentation seems
    >to be available on the internet and nobody seems to be able to
    >identify it.
    >
    >So I decided to remove the sticker and take a picture of it.
    >
    >The chip is identified as:
    >
    >Winbond
    >W39V080APZ
    >442698600972
    >450LDFA
    >
    >A 32 pin PLCC (bios) chip.
    >
    >Surprise, surpise a Winbond chip. Me not to found of winbond, since my
    >winbond network cards also gave me headaches if I remember
    >correctly ;)
    >
    >My website has been updated with a new picture and some info:
    >
    >http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPC2006/Disection3june2007/
    >
    >Couple of serious questions:
    >
    >1. Where can these chips be bought ?
    >
    >2. Do I need this exact winbond chip or can it be replaced with a SST
    >chip ?
    >(I have seen almost the same asus board with a SST chip ?! the asus
    >board model name was the same though components slighty different like
    >no sleaves on parallel port, probably minor differences. )
    >
    >Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Got a handy eeprom-burner and the bios image? Your original chip had
    BIOS 0903 already loaded. Of course you do know that the BIOS is bad
    don't you? Did you try the ALT-F2 trick (or CTRL-F2) to fire up the
    floppy boot-loader for a BIOS image before dissecting your unfortunate
    motherboard ?

    Fathers, lock up your motherboards if Flybucks Skying is anywhere
    around.

    Meanwhile my A8N32-SLI continues to run like a champ. (BIOS 1303, July
    2006)

    BTW, you do know that the golden rule of BIOS updates is... NEVER!!.
    With the SOLE exception of updating to overcome a problem ACTUALLY
    EXPERIENCED BY THE USER <<AND>> ACTUALLY LISTED in the BIOS update
    notes AS BEING CORRECTED by that BIOS update.

    Why don't you bring the whole system back to whover sold it to you
    originally. For the price you paid, they owe you platinum-plated
    repair service. Iirc, the A8N32-SLI motherboard is warrantied for 3
    years from Asus... if you have not ripped it apart of course....

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Skybuck, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Skybuck

    John Doe Guest

    Skybuck <skybuck2000 hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Hello,

    You really need to stop cross-posting your every activity, troll.

    John Doe, Jun 6, 2007