Skybuck's wishlist for a future motherboard :) !

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :):

    1. Supports two dual slot graphics cards with enough air flow between them
    or on top of them.
    2. Has no audio chip.
    3. Has no graphics chip.
    4. Has no network chips (However I could live with 2 network chips on it ;))
    5. Has no firewall chips.
    6. Has no anti virus chips.
    7. Has no raid controller chips.
    8. Has no other bullshit chips ;)
    9. Has a free pci slot for a soundblaster
    10. Has a free pci-e slot for a soundblaster (in case new soundblaster come
    to market).
    11. Has two free pci slots. ( for a network card in each )
    Has two free pci-e slots. ( for a network card in each )
    12. Can support up to as much memory as possible without problems/bugs.
    13. Has ide support. ( 4 drives at least )
    14. Has sata support. (4 to 8 drives)
    15. Has floppy drive support.
    16. Has usb support.
    17. Has ps/2 support.
    18. Has parallel port support.
    19. Has serial port support.
    20. Has firewire support .
    21. Has blue tooth support (must be able to enable/disable)
    22. Has wifi support (must be able to enable/disable)
    23. Support fast system bus ofcourse (lot's of bandwidth).
    24. Has a rom bios which is unable to get flashed by viruses.
    25. Has passive cooling (no noisy fans, except maybe one for minimal air
    flow)
    26. Has temperature meters to report temperature in operating system or bios
    (or even a special nice looking panel for the case).
    27. Has a warning message if not enough voltages/ampere/wattage is available
    from the power supply.
    28. Has an auto shutdown feature when motherboard chips get to hot or could
    get damaged.
    29. Has high quality components (ofcourse !)
    30. Is well tested and all features work for 99.9999999999% to 100%.
    31. Warns if motherboard is incorrectly placed which could cause the passive
    cooling to malfunction or chips to overheat, etc.

    Bonuses:
    1. Should always be able to boot no matter what processor is used.
    (For example use a generic processor driver or standard, or use a little
    boot processor to be able to flash the bios so that new processors can be
    supported/will work However I consider flashing to be very dangerous so
    other solutions which are less dangerous are welcome ;))

    2. A special coating which fills up all chips and heat sinks etc which still
    allows heat dissipation. The idea is to make a block of the whole
    motherboard so it become easily cleanable. One simple takes a towel and
    simply whipes off any dust.

    So looking at this list what are the most important features:

    1. Maximum connectivity but without putting a burden on the cpu if possible.
    2. No bullshit chips which might be buggy and cause malfunctions.
    3. No low quality noisy, buggy, or failing audio chips ?!
    4. No noisy or failing, dusty sucking, oil needing fans.
    5. Low maintenance, easy cleaning of dust <- longer life time, better
    operation, no weird sounding fans.
    6. Lot's of bandwidth ;)
    7. Simply high quality and does what it says it does, no bugs, quirks,
    failing components etc ;) :)
    Well tested.
    8. Good airflow for graphics cards. (Unless they are passively cooled as
    well =D)

    The price can be as much as 500 bucks but then I want a really good
    motherboard !!!!!!!!!!!

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Skybuck Flying schrieb:

    [snipped long list of more or less useless things]

    And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

    Please stop crossposting this crap in every unrelated newsgroup you can
    find. Thanks.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Dec 5, 2005

  3. "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    > Skybuck Flying schrieb:
    >
    > [snipped long list of more or less useless things]
    >
    > And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

    Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.

    Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ? ;)

    Wake up and have a nice day :D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Skybuck Flying

    Augustus Guest

    "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :):

    Your wishlist should have common sense, basic IT knowledge, maturity beyond
    the typical pre-teen level, and 50 extra IQ points in it's number one, two,
    three and four positions.

    Augustus, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Shawk Guest

    > "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    >> Skybuck Flying schrieb:
    >>
    >> [snipped long list of more or less useless things]
    >>
    >> And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

    > Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
    >
    > Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ? ;)
    >
    > Wake up and have a nice day :D
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Folk tend not to discuss those in alt.comp.periphs.VIDEOCARD groups though.

    To others - apols for one-off x-post - no idea where this plonker is posting
    from.

    Shawk, Dec 5, 2005
  6. "Augustus" <> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > > Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :):

    > Your wishlist should have common sense, basic IT knowledge, maturity

    beyond

    Which I am sure you possess, NOT ! :)

    > the typical pre-teen level, and 50 extra IQ points in it's number one,

    two,
    > three and four positions.

    Oh boy, you sure are picky, we have a sort order nitty pick :D and he
    actually think the sort order is worth 50 extra IQ points oh my god !

    LOL.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Andrew Guest

    On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:33:51 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
    <> wrote:

    >Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Indeed, *plonk*.

    Andrew, Dec 5, 2005
  8. Skybuck Flying schrieb:

    >>[snipped long list of more or less useless things]
    >>
    >>And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

    > Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
    >
    > Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ? ;)

    Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

    > Wake up and have a nice day :D

    Get a brain.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Dec 6, 2005
  9. "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    > Skybuck Flying schrieb:
    >
    > >>[snipped long list of more or less useless things]
    > >>
    > >>And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

    > > Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
    > >
    > > Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ? ;)

    > Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

    How the world has changed eh ? ;)

    Still videocards and motherboard/chipsets have to co-operate so it's still
    relevent to this newsgroup as well :p =D

    > > Wake up and have a nice day :D

    > Get a brain.

    Get a clue ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 6, 2005
  10. Skybuck Flying schrieb:

    >>Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

    > How the world has changed eh ? ;)
    >
    > Still videocards and motherboard/chipsets have to co-operate so it's still
    > relevent to this newsgroup as well :p =D

    Yeah, right. Then let us include CPUs and memory also as they also have
    to co-operate with gfx card. And if we're at it we can include power
    supplies, cpu coolers, disk drives, dvd burners and every other crap you
    can find in a computer since they all have to co-operate...

    What a dull logic...

    >>>Wake up and have a nice day :D

    >>Get a brain.

    > Get a clue ;)

    You talking about clue is as hearing a blind man talking about colors...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Dec 6, 2005
  11. "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    > Skybuck Flying schrieb:
    >
    > >>Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

    > > How the world has changed eh ? ;)
    > >
    > > Still videocards and motherboard/chipsets have to co-operate so it's

    still
    > > relevent to this newsgroup as well :p =D

    > Yeah, right. Then let us include CPUs and memory also as they also have
    > to co-operate with gfx card. And if we're at it we can include power

    Yup, that's all correct, no power, no graphics lol :D

    Tttsssssss :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 6, 2005
  12. Skybuck Flying

    Dr Teeth Guest

    I thought your post was amusing. It made me smile (a lot) after a
    crappy day, for which I thank you.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    Dr Teeth, Dec 6, 2005
  13. On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:26:00 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
    <> wrote:

> [...]
    >simply whipes off any dust.
    >
    >So looking at this list what are the most important features:
    >
    >1. Maximum connectivity but without putting a burden on the cpu if possible.
    >2. No bullshit chips which might be buggy and cause malfunctions.
    >3. No low quality noisy, buggy, or failing audio chips ?!
    >4. No noisy or failing, dusty sucking, oil needing fans.
    >5. Low maintenance, easy cleaning of dust <- longer life time, better
    >operation, no weird sounding fans.
    >6. Lot's of bandwidth ;)
    >7. Simply high quality and does what it says it does, no bugs, quirks,
    >failing components etc ;) :)
    > Well tested.
    >8. Good airflow for graphics cards. (Unless they are passively cooled as
    >well =D)
    >
    >The price can be as much as 500 bucks but then I want a really good

    Just buy one already and stop trolling with this shit.. i am tired of
    seeing your wishlist everyother freaking week...

    NoneOfBusiness, Dec 7, 2005
  14. Well,

    1. First of all I would need to clean up my house because it's mess hehe ;)
    2. Second of all my current computer can run 99.9% of applications just
    perfectly ;) So I dont need a new computer for that.
    3. So the main reason for a new computer would be for games and at the
    moment I can already play on of the coolest games/shooters ( true combat
    elite) but the frame rate could be better and the graphics too. Another good
    game is battlefield 2. And that's about it really... not that many games
    which are really good etc. So is it worth buying a new computer just for
    those 2 games ? <- I am in serious doubt about that ;)

    Well let's see if I can find some more reasons to buy or not to buy a new
    computer.

    4. Macro media flash is one slow motherfucking piece of shitware... so my
    internet browsing experience would become a littttle bit better. Or just
    disable it or close some browsers ;)

    5. My current main harddisk is kinda noisy and slower and small. So a new
    computer would improve the speed when it's loading and even lower noise...
    but then again... while I am writing this my pc is almost making no noise...
    except for the power fan... so

    6. If I buy a new pc, maybe the whole pc will be even quiter... though I am
    used to a little bit of noise... maybe I would even miss it ! :)

    7. I do lot's of writing so it's ok. Ofcourse having more speed one loading
    stuff etc is good too but it ok at the moment too. But it could ofcourse be
    better just a bit though ;)

    8. The monitor is still good.. so no need for new monitor.

    9. The keyboard is still good too.

    10. I just bough a new mouse too.

    11. The speakers give good sound. Though the new pc would have awesome sound
    with new soundblaster and speakerset... and hopefully no crackling sounds
    which I do have now...

    12. I am also in doubt how much faster a X2 3800+ really is.. maybe it's not
    that much faster than a PIII 450 mhz ;) :):):):) :p ok I know it's probably
    like 10 or maybe 15 times faster ;)

    13. Lastly I am programmer... and programming on a slow computer is good...
    because if there is a very bad performing component in the software you will
    notice it immediatly... (on a slow pc)... but on the fast pc you wouldn't
    even notice it ! <- that would be bbbbbbbbad.

    14. ofcourse my new PC would have 500 GB <- which I could definetly use as
    extra for music, video, etc without having to search to delete stuff.

    Oh yeah and now some bad reasons:

    15. Lot's of problems with asus boards <- reported by users.

    16. Possibly x2 cpu not supported by motherboard.

    17. What to get ? double slot or single slot graphics card ?

    In case of dual slot I would go for an8-sli-premium asus board... but what
    if it's junk ? then I am stuck with two dual slot graphics cards which wont
    fit on any other motherboard.

    18. So then I would have to get a single slot graphics card.. but that s not
    the best of the best and those have only 256 mb of ram ! :( I want 512 MB of
    ram ! per graphics card ;)

    18 B. Buying th new computer wil ljust cost lot s of time and time and
    time... I have to assemble it and then transfer my current system... because
    there is no way in hell I am going to re-install everything... however I
    will probably have to do that for windows 64 bit.

    19. At the moment I have an illegal version of windows xp and now I am stuck
    with sp1 which is ok.. but I cant get any more patches... unless I go find a
    crack or so... so that could be a good reason to get a new pc... with a new
    operating system.

    But as described at sub section 18 B lol I dont want a new OS yet... because
    reinstalling is a no-no. So I rather stumble along with my windows xp pro
    sp1 kinda dangerous operating system. Actually it's probably the web
    browser which is most dangerous <- piece of junk !

    20. So maybe I go find a new webbrowser as well.. Maybe IE 7.0... since
    firefuck is just as buggy/insecure as mozilla etc. Or maybe it s just a
    dream and webbrowser will always remain insecure which simply means <-
    browse safely by using your brain :):):) which is what I do at the moment,
    and use a firewall just in case a trojan does infect you... the firewall
    will prevent the trojan from downloading any further junk. Yes that firewall
    has saved my ass at least once ! which is goooood.

    Well the main reason for not buying a new pc is reason 13.

    I simply neeeeeeeeeeed a slow pc... for programming purposes ;)

    I would only need a new pc for some games... and maybe new programming
    environments like delphi 2006 and .net etc... though I can probably do that
    as well with my current pc though maybe a bit slower... but that s ok... I
    would need to write only a little bit in .net or so... hopefully though.
    Otherwise I would need a new pc probably to develop faster for .net.

    21. So the main thing is. I just like my current PC tooo much.

    Yeah.

    Maybe I'll change my mind later on... or maybe I won't until next year 2007
    when vista gets an erection hahhahahahahahaha. Euh I mean launch ofcourse ;)
    :)

    Well

    Bye
    For
    Now

    And I look forward to boring you with my next wishlist or component list ;)
    :)

    See you later allegiator. ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    "NoneOfBusiness" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:26:00 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :):
    > >
    > >1. Supports two dual slot graphics cards with enough air flow between

    them
    > >or on top of them.
    > >2. Has no audio chip.
    > >3. Has no graphics chip.
    > >4. Has no network chips (However I could live with 2 network chips on it

    ;))

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 8, 2005
  15. Skybuck Flying

    JAD Guest

    > Well,
    >
    > 1. First of all I would need to clean up my house because it's mess hehe
    > ;)
    > 2. Second of all my current computer can run 99.9% of applications just
    > perfectly ;) So I dont need a new computer for that.
    > 3. So the main reason for a new computer would be for games and at the
    > moment I can already play on of the coolest games/shooters ( true combat
    > elite) but the frame rate could be better and the graphics too. Another
    > good
    > game is battlefield 2. And that's about it really... not that many games
    > which are really good etc. So is it worth buying a new computer just for
    > those 2 games ? <- I am in serious doubt about that ;)
    >
    > Well let's see if I can find some more reasons to buy or not to buy a new
    > computer.
    >
    > 4. Macro media flash is one slow motherfucking piece of shitware... so my
    > internet browsing experience would become a littttle bit better. Or just
    > disable it or close some browsers ;)

    Thats your connection , not flash

    > 5. My current main harddisk is kinda noisy and slower and small. So a new
    > computer would improve the speed when it's loading and even lower noise...
    > but then again... while I am writing this my pc is almost making no
    > noise...
    > except for the power fan... so

    it makes noise then it doesn't

    > 6. If I buy a new pc, maybe the whole pc will be even quiter... though I
    > am
    > used to a little bit of noise... maybe I would even miss it ! :)

    surprised you hear the rig over your flappin jaw

    > 7. I do lot's of writing so it's ok. Ofcourse having more speed one
    > stuff etc is good too but it ok at the moment too. But it could ofcourse
    > be
    > better just a bit though ;)

    just a bit,,,,too much

    > 8. The monitor is still good.. so no need for new monitor.
    >
    > 9. The keyboard is still good too.

    Yes no doubt, but the loose screw behind it leaves much to be desired.

    > 10. I just bough a new mouse too.

    Yeah the one thats rock stable when you don't use it but when you do use it,
    it jumps around

    > 11. The speakers give good sound. Though the new pc would have awesome
    > sound
    > with new soundblaster and speakerset... and hopefully no crackling sounds
    > which I do have now...

    Lets me guess, sound blaster live

    > 12. I am also in doubt how much faster a X2 3800+ really is.. maybe it's
    > not
    > that much faster than a PIII 450 mhz ;) :):):):) :p ok I know it's
    > probably
    > like 10 or maybe 15 times faster ;)

    with you it probably will be as fast as a 486

    > 13. Lastly I am programmer... and programming on a slow computer is
    > good...
    > because if there is a very bad performing component in the software you
    > will
    > notice it immediatly... (on a slow pc)... but on the fast pc you wouldn't
    > even notice it ! <- that would be bbbbbbbbad.

    programming your daily calender?

    > 14. ofcourse my new PC would have 500 GB <- which I could definetly use as
    > extra for music, video, etc without having to search to delete stuff.

    Hd drives are the worse place to keep large amounts of data.

    > Oh yeah and now some bad reasons:
    >
    > 15. Lot's of problems with asus boards <- reported by users.

    UTTER BULLSHIT

    > 16. Possibly x2 cpu not supported by motherboard.
    >
    > 17. What to get ? double slot or single slot graphics card ?

    a straight jacket

    > In case of dual slot I would go for an8-sli-premium asus board... but what
    > if it's junk ? then I am stuck with two dual slot graphics cards which
    > wont
    > fit on any other motherboard.

    asus is crap, I'm going to buy one.....?????????????????????????

    > 18. So then I would have to get a single slot graphics card.. but that s
    > not
    > the best of the best and those have only 256 mb of ram ! :( I want 512 MB
    > of
    > ram ! per graphics card ;)

    for what, streaming porn?.,, sli is 1999 technology

    > 18 B. Buying th new computer wil ljust cost lot s of time and time and
    > time... I have to assemble it and then transfer my current system...
    > because
    > there is no way in hell I am going to re-install everything... however I
    > will probably have to do that for windows 64 bit.

    yeah don't do it right, do it half assed so you can hang out here and
    complain how your system sucks

    > 19. At the moment I have an illegal version of windows xp and now I am
    > stuck
    > with sp1 which is ok.. but I cant get any more patches... unless I go find
    > crack or so... so that could be a good reason to get a new pc... with a
    > new
    > operating system.

    this explains allot

    > But as described at sub section 18 B lol I dont want a new OS yet...
    > because
    > reinstalling is a no-no. So I rather stumble along with my windows xp pro
    > sp1 kinda dangerous operating system. Actually it's probably the web
    > browser which is most dangerous <- piece of junk !

    stubbling is the operative word

    > 20. So maybe I go find a new webbrowser as well.. Maybe IE 7.0... since
    > firefuck is just as buggy/insecure as mozilla etc. Or maybe it s just a
    > dream and webbrowser will always remain insecure which simply means <-
    > browse safely by using your brain :):):) which is what I do at the moment,
    > and use a firewall just in case a trojan does infect you... the firewall
    > will prevent the trojan from downloading any further junk. Yes that
    > firewall
    > has saved my ass at least once ! which is goooood.

    a 'fire' would save us all

    > Well the main reason for not buying a new pc is reason 13.
    >
    > I simply neeeeeeeeeeed a slow pc... for programming purposes ;)

    computer to match the user

    > I would only need a new pc for some games... and maybe new programming
    > environments like delphi 2006 and .net etc... though I can probably do
    > that
    > as well with my current pc though maybe a bit slower... but that s ok... I
    > would need to write only a little bit in .net or so... hopefully though.
    > Otherwise I would need a new pc probably to develop faster for .net.
    >
    > 21. So the main thing is. I just like my current PC tooo much.

    marry it, you won't be so lonely

    JAD, Dec 8, 2005
  16. <snip>

    > > 4. Macro media flash is one slow motherfucking piece of shitware... so

    my
    > > internet browsing experience would become a littttle bit better. Or just
    > > disable it or close some browsers ;)

    > Thats your connection , not flash

    Nope, it's the cpu. (I can download with 500 KB/sec and upload with 60
    KB/sec)

    <snip rest of bullshit>

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 8, 2005
  17. Skybuck Flying

    JAD Guest

    > <snip>
    >
    > > > 4. Macro media flash is one slow motherfucking piece of shitware... so

    > my
    > > > internet browsing experience would become a littttle bit better. Or

    just
    > > > disable it or close some browsers ;)

    > > Thats your connection , not flash

    > Nope, it's the cpu.

    So its flash's fault your CPU sucks, get your feet on terra firma.

    JAD, Dec 8, 2005
  18. "JAD" <> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > > <snip>

    so
    > > my

    > just
    > > >
    > > > Thats your connection , not flash

    > > Nope, it's the cpu.

    > So its flash's fault your CPU sucks, get your feet on terra firma.

    It's flash fault for wasting my cpu power.

    It's clear you don't understand my though process, or you dont want to
    understand it.

    First get a brain and then come back mister trolly ;) hahahahaha.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 8, 2005
  19. Skybuck Flying

    Augustus Guest

    > It's clear you don't understand my though process, or you dont want to
    > understand it.

    You are without a doubt one of the biggest fools these n/g's have had to
    endure. Anyone Googling your last 3 years of n/g postings will see hundreds
    of immature, inane and pointless content. Your game reviews, software and
    hardware observations all show a complete lack of maturity, intelligence and
    insight.

    Augustus, Dec 8, 2005
  20. "Augustus" <> wrote in message
    > > It's clear you don't understand my though process, or you dont want to
    > > understand it.

    > You are without a doubt one of the biggest fools these n/g's have had to
    > endure. Anyone Googling your last 3 years of n/g postings will see

    hundreds
    > of immature, inane and pointless content. Your game reviews, software and
    > hardware observations all show a complete lack of maturity, intelligence

    and
    > insight.

    LOL.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 8, 2005