    fine tested in another pc)

    I've reset the bios including removing the battery. Still no display any
    ideas?
    Craig Sutton, Feb 12, 2007

  2. Any beeps?
    Are you sure the monitor works and the cable is properly attached to both
    the monitor and the computer?

    Remove IDE cables to drives at motherboard
    Remove 2nd stick of your ram
    Install a PCI Video card if you have been using the built in graphics (or
    use the built-in graphics in you were using a video card)
    Try booting up the computer and see if the screen comes up so you can go to
    the BIOS.
    If not then try the other stick of ram.
    If not try the video card in another slot.

    You might have to pull the MB out of the case if you don't have enough room
    to install a video card.

    BTW does yours have dual monitor support and you check both ports?

    later,
    dave
    (One out of many daves)

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Feb 12, 2007

  3. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "dave AKA vwdoc1" <> wrote in message
    > Any beeps?

    no

    > Are you sure the monitor works and the cable is properly attached to both
    > the monitor and the computer?

    of course

    > Remove IDE cables to drives at motherboard
    > Remove 2nd stick of your ram

    already done all that

    > Install a PCI Video card if you have been using the built in graphics (or
    > use the built-in graphics in you were using a video card)

    I don't have one spare

    > Try booting up the computer and see if the screen comes up so you can go
    > to the BIOS.

    The bios has been reset there should be nothing in it to stop the HD booting
    up

    > If not then try the other stick of ram.

    Both sticks of ram already been checked

    > If not try the video card in another slot.
    >
    > You might have to pull the MB out of the case if you don't have enough
    > room to install a video card.

    I don't have a spare pci card

    > BTW does yours have dual monitor support and you check both ports?

    Yes..
    Craig Sutton, Feb 13, 2007
  4. OK
    Does booting mean accessing the BIOS at least, or I guess that is called
    starting your computer and booting means launching your operating system.
    At least I have learned something today! lol
    So we know that you can see the BIOS.
    AFAIK your computer does not see the Hard Drive, there is a problem with the
    HD or operating system or there is an issue with the IDE ports. Does yours
    have 2 IDE ports to try?

    At one of the screens/info........does it show that the HD and any optical
    drives are recognized?
    Can you boot to an optical drive with your windows CD? You might have to
    adjust your BIOS for this to occur, or unplug the HD.

    Is the master drive and other drives properly jumpered? It might need to be
    set to Cable Select instead of set to master or vice versa.
    Do you have a spare HD to try?

    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios2.htm
    "If the BIOS does not find a device, it will try the next device in the
    list. If it does not find the proper files on a device, the startup process
    will halt."

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Feb 13, 2007
  5. Craig Sutton

    joesmith Guest

    had a simialar situation...
    I just flashed the bios and nothing
    order new bios ( ugh) still nothing.
    I went to ebay and picked up a cheap shuttle sn41g2 ( hey 512MB and
    athlon 2500 and AIW 7500 radeon for under $200 was a good deal)
    I was ready to declare it dead and move everything over and for some
    reason I changed the dimms to from the other machine and powered on
    ....it reset something and started working...(cool now I have 2 systems)

    Later I started having strange reboots, And found out about the power
    issues ( google achme power supplies and it should pop out). Open the PS
    and sure enough ..bad caps swollen and one about to burst.

    so it may have been the power supply, although it looks funny it is
    nothing more than an ATX supply (check the connectors out)
    if you have another PC lying around I would suggest disconnecting the
    shuttle over night to be sure it is completely discharge, then poping
    in a "borrowed" supply from another and see if it boots.

    joesmith, Apr 23, 2007