SN85G4v2 RIS problems

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by jdarley@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm trying to deploy WinXP Pro using RIS onto my SN85G4v2. I've got a
    working RIS server and have deployed OSs to other machines, however
    when attempting to run an installation on my shuttle I don't get very
    far.

    So far I can:
    1. Boot from the PXE BIOS into the OS Chooser.
    2. Enter the admin username and password.
    3. Select my OS type (32/64bit).
    4. Select my OS (WinXP Pro).
    5. Acknowledge that I'm going to wipe my PC and machine name details
    (including a really odd GUID comprising of mainly Fs).

    After this, the shuttle looks like it's attempting the second stage of
    a RIS install (starting WinXP textmode install) - the problem is that
    it never gets there, it will just hang with a black screen, even
    CTRL-ALT-DEL won't save me. If I disable my Si3512 I'm greeted with a
    random screen of coloured ASCII characters - if my Si3512 is enabled,
    it's blank. The nforce3 boot agent version is 191.0304.

    I've not yet slipstreamed my nForce3 ethernet drivers - but that
    shouldn't cause me an issue - it should just tell me to go away because
    it can't find a supported network card.

    Does anybody have any ideas? I've contact Shuttle and they've not been
    much use.

    Cheers,

    Jim

    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. Guest

    I've resolved the issue, it was with the A20 gate handler - I had it
    switched to Fast in the BIOS - altering it to Default resolved the
    issue.

    , Mar 22, 2006