SN85G4v2 RIS problems

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by jdarley@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm trying to deploy WinXP Pro using RIS onto my SN85G4v2. I've got a
    working RIS server and have deployed OSs to other machines, however
    when attempting to run an installation on my shuttle I don't get very
    far.

    So far I can:
    1. Boot from the PXE BIOS into the OS Chooser.
    2. Enter the admin username and password.
    3. Select my OS type (32/64bit).
    4. Select my OS (WinXP Pro).
    5. Acknowledge that I'm going to wipe my PC and machine name details
    (including a really odd GUID comprising of mainly Fs).

    After this, the shuttle looks like it's attempting the second stage of
    a RIS install (starting WinXP textmode install) - the problem is that
    it never gets there, it will just hang with a black screen, even
    CTRL-ALT-DEL won't save me. If I disable my Si3512 I'm greeted with a
    random screen of coloured ASCII characters - if my Si3512 is enabled,
    it's blank. The nforce3 boot agent version is 191.0304.

    I've not yet slipstreamed my nForce3 ethernet drivers - but that
    shouldn't cause me an issue - it should just tell me to go away because
    it can't find a supported network card.

    Does anybody have any ideas? I've contact Shuttle and they've not been
    much use.

    Cheers,

    Jim

    1. Advertising

  2. Guest

    I've resolved the issue, it was with the A20 gate handler - I had it
    switched to Fast in the BIOS - altering it to Default resolved the
    issue.