    (won't start the ATI Mach 64 card ) ---

    --
    ~It's a nice day ! .... but if it's not, then make it that way ! ~

    ERIC SHAIK, Mar 10, 2005

  2. ERIC  SHAIK

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:58:55 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

    > i see asus , chaintek , abit mottherboard 'boards' or use net news groups ..
    > but non for soltek .. is there one ?

    I didn't find one either.

    > also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view ,
    > have a64 754. ...

    I think that's about the only way you can do it, unless you have a new
    board with PCI-E and AGP video maybe.

    Wes Newell, Mar 11, 2005

  3. ERIC  SHAIK

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:58:55 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

    > also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view , have
    > a64 754. ...

    OOps, forgot about the dual head cards. I guess they support dual monitors
    too but don't really know for sure.

    Wes Newell, Mar 11, 2005
  4. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    Re: soltek news group needed, please start it so specific info can end in the right place

    well dont u think we should start a soltek mainboard news group ?
    hell , theres about a dozen other groups on specific brands, why cant every
    brand hasve its own newsgroup ?

    ERIC SHAIK, Mar 11, 2005
  5. ERIC  SHAIK

    Bill Guest

    Re: soltek news group needed, please start it so specific info can end in the right place

    In article <Zs6Yd.688$>,
    says...
    > well dont u think we should start a soltek mainboard news group ?

    <snip>

    So issue a control message to start one.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 11, 2005
  6. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    Re: soltek news group needed, please start it so specific info can end in the right place - control

    issueing a control message..

    COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
    CATEGORY ALT
    SUB CAT : COMP
    SUB CAT: PERIPHS
    SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
    SUB CAT: SOLTEK
    EXECUTE [RETURN]

    .... WAITing ... waiting ...
    damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...

    i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
    aware of the newsgroup postmaster....

    can you help ?

    ERIC SHAIK, Mar 11, 2005
  7. ERIC  SHAIK

    Bill Guest

    Re: soltek news group needed, please start it so specific info can end in the right place - control

    In article <Uv9Yd.795$>,
    says...
    > issueing a control message..
    >
    > COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
    > CATEGORY ALT
    > SUB CAT : COMP
    > SUB CAT: PERIPHS
    > SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
    > SUB CAT: SOLTEK
    > EXECUTE [RETURN]
    >
    > ... WAITing ... waiting ...
    > damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...
    >
    > i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
    > aware of the newsgroup postmaster....
    >
    > can you help ?

    Googling, Googling, < 1.76 sec later> click, copy & paste:

    http://nylon.net/alt/newgroup.htm

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 11, 2005
  8. ERIC  SHAIK

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:54:12 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

    > issueing a control message..
    >
    > COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
    > CATEGORY ALT
    > SUB CAT : COMP
    > SUB CAT: PERIPHS
    > SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
    > SUB CAT: SOLTEK
    > EXECUTE [RETURN]
    >
    > ... WAITing ... waiting ...
    > damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...
    >
    > i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
    > aware of the newsgroup postmaster....
    >
    > can you help ?

    I'll give you one tip. Although it's suggested you propose your new group
    in alt.config, they fight like a bunch of 10year olds over there. Anyone
    can create a newsgroup in the alt.* group area. All you have to do is send
    the control message to the proper place. But that only makes it available
    to all the other news servers around the world. You then need to promote
    it by telling people in relative groups it esxists and then at least one
    person on every news server must request it before it becomes available on
    that server. There is a few servers around that will automatically pick it
    up, but the majority won't until requested by someone on their server,
    which presents another problem. Most people don't know how to request a
    new newsgroup.:) The people in alt.config raised hell when I bypassed
    them and just went ahead and created alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, but
    they miht have gotten over it by now. If not, I couldn't care less. This
    will tell you how to write the control message.

    http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/good-newgroup.html

    Wes Newell, Mar 11, 2005
  9. ERIC  SHAIK

    ERIC SHAIK Guest

    ,jt why doesnt someone who has made groups before just do it for me since he
    can do it fast and i will take a long time and
    i dont have a long time.

    ERIC SHAIK, Mar 14, 2005