Some questions about the GTXP

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Dan_Musicant, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Dan_Musicant

    Dan_Musicant Guest

    I've had this card more than a couple years. Just installed it in
    Windows 2000 SP4. Before installing I downloaded what appears to be the
    latest driver, 6.09, dated 2/29/2003, Version 4101, the largerer one
    with the "DLS soundbanks." I'm using the coaxial digital feed from the
    GTXP's breakout box to my AV receiver. I have a few questions:

    1. The help function isn't working. When I click the ? symbol in the
    GTXP Control Panel GUI, nothing happens.

    2. The soundcard itself has one input, the "auxiliary". I'm using that
    for audio from my TV card, the Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe. However, the
    muting and volume controls in the Winfast's GUI are not having any
    effect. Is there a workaround for this. It seems strange. I didn't have
    that problem when using my Santa Cruz card and the line in.

    3. There's no response when I enable the EQ in the GTXP GUI and adjust
    frequencies. Why?

    4. The DLS soundbanks look interesting. Where can I find information
    about how to use that and how to use the card to create music?

    5. Aren't there some forums for this card? I thought there were links to
    those at Hercules' website, but I don't see that now. Have they been
    done away with, or was I just dreaming that there were forums?

    Thanks for any help.

    Dan

    1. Advertising

  2. Dan_Musicant

    Dan_Musicant Guest

    I'm also wondering if there's a difference between the 6.1 and 7.1
    versions of this card or is it just in the drivers. When you go to the
    Hercules site and view the manual for the 6.1, it's the same as the
    7.1's. Thanks.

    Dan