    not have threads.
    To what do I tighten these screws then ?

    Thanks.

    Haris Bogdanovic, Jan 17, 2008

  2. Haris Bogdanovic

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
    | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
    |
    | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
    the
    | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
    | not have threads.
    | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
    _____

    The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
    The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
    motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
    Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
    must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
    yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
    components you are using.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Haris Bogdanovic

    Bill Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
    > | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
    > |
    > | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
    > the
    > | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
    > | not have threads.
    > | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
    > _____
    >
    > The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
    > The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
    > motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
    > Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
    > must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
    > yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
    > components you are using.
    >
    > Phil Weldon

    Funny, the installation instructions tell you how to do it. How do I
    know? I downloaded them. Imagine that.

    http://59.124.46.91/manual/download_result.asp

    Bill

    Bill, Jan 18, 2008
  4. Haris Bogdanovic

    Paul Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
    >> | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
    >> |
    >> | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
    >> the
    >> | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
    >> | not have threads.
    >> | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
    >> _____
    >>
    >> The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
    >> The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
    >> motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
    >> Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
    >> must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
    >> yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
    >> components you are using.
    >>
    >> Phil Weldon
    >>

    > Funny, the installation instructions tell you how to do it. How do I
    > know? I downloaded them. Imagine that.
    >
    > http://59.124.46.91/manual/download_result.asp
    >
    > Bill

    Based on that manual (CL-P0071_en_B05051901.zip original Sonic Tower - there is
    apparently a Rev 2 as well), there are two clips. The chips are threaded, judging
    by the pictures. Invert the two clips and put them on the primary side of the
    PCB. Use four screws plus insulating washer on the secondary side of the
    motherboard. The screws fasten to the two threaded clips. The clips form a
    stand. Then, the I-bar goes across the heatsink base to hold it in place.
    Two more screws hold the I-bar to the two clips. The result looks like the
    letter "H" and uses a total of six screws. The body of the letter "H" is
    elevated above the PCB.

    The Rev 2 instructions seem to be similar, but the pictures are harder to
    see because they are in JPEG format.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 18, 2008
  5. Quoting (was: sonic tower installation)

    Hello Phil!

    I appreciate your great help and the effort you're putting into this
    newsgroup. Thanks for that!
    But still, you seem to have some issues in quoting efficiently and in a
    readable manner. :)
    You often seem to double-quote the original poster, which is quite
    confusing. You should always include the parts you're refering to (and
    all other parts that are needed for a shallow understanding of the
    topic) and reply BELOW those quotes.

    It should look like this:

    Haris wrote:
    > [Haris' text]

    [Phil's text]

    This is the least confusing, most clearly arranged and most accepted way
    of quoting that even has built-in support in most news-readers.

    You can also find a more detailed explanation here:
    http://learn.to/quote

    Again, please bear in mind that I'm just trying to help (you and the
    people reading your posts) and not criticize you, since I appreciate the
    uncountable helpful replies you made in this group.

    Regards,

    Daniel Albuschat

    Daniel Albuschat, Jan 18, 2008
  6. "Phil Weldon" <> wrote in message
    > 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
    > | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
    > |
    > | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
    > the
    > | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they
    > do
    > | not have threads.
    > | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
    > _____
    >
    > The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no
    > threads.
    > The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
    > motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
    > Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer
    > you
    > must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
    > yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
    > components you are using.
    >
    > Phil Weldon

    I didn't get the backplate or the push-pins in the package. First I thought
    that I have to drill holes in the case and put the same 'screws' in them
    like I
    used for mounting motherboard on the case so I could screw fan screws into
    that
    'screws'. Than I looked on the internet and saw pictures of new cases and
    realized that they do not have these holes either as my 5 year old case.
    So if you guys don't have any other sugesstions I think I will have to go
    back to the store where I bought it and ask them to help me install it.

    Thanks.

    Haris Bogdanovic, Jan 18, 2008
  7. Haris Bogdanovic

    Phil Weldon Guest

    Re: Quoting (was: sonic tower installation)

    'Daniel Albuschat' wrote, in part:
    | I appreciate your great help and the effort you're putting into this
    | newsgroup. Thanks for that!
    | But still, you seem to have some issues in quoting efficiently and in a
    | readable manner. :)
    | You often seem to double-quote the original poster, which is quite
    | confusing. You should always include the parts you're refering to (and
    | all other parts that are needed for a shallow understanding of the
    | topic) and reply BELOW those quotes.
    _____

    Thank you for your suggestion. However, that is exactly what I do.

    First: the name of the poster to whom I reply.

    Second: relevant quote sufficient to identify the questions; preceded by
    'wrote' if the quote contains more or less the full post
    OR
    'wrote, in part' if only part of the original post is
    quoted.
    Third: _____

    Fourth: my reply.

    Fifth: my signature.

    Sixth: the full post to which I reply, including message id (sometimes with
    the chain of earlier posts deleted if excessively long); I include this last
    to specifically id the message and as a backup incase I should have
    miss-quoted or taken out of context. Though I agree this last step is, in a
    way, 'double quoting', I believe it serves a purpose; improving both
    readability and creditability.

    What could be more clear, efficient, or less confusing?

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jan 18, 2008
  8. Haris Bogdanovic

    peter Guest

    There is no backplate..no pushpins...........read Pauls reply.
    There are 2 bars that attach with screws to the top with the screws being
    screwed into the bars from the underside of the motherbard,
    Go to the website..download the installation manual....look at the pictures

    peter

    peter, Jan 18, 2008
  9. I get it now. The solution is so simple, I didn't pay attention I guess.
    Anyway, I'm not into overclocking, I bought this fan to reduce system noise
    so I don't have much expirience with this except basic stuff, just enough to
    get the computer running.

    Thank you very much guys.
    Haris.

    Haris Bogdanovic, Jan 18, 2008