    ideas/commants gratefully recieved.

    tia

    Chris

    Chris, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Chris

    Nite Rider Guest

    You could try sticking it in a bag and into the freezer and hope it revives
    it. If not you might as well throw it out. My bp71a has been recharged about
    30 times and it is already slipping in power according to some utilities.
    Then again it may not be the battery at all but the laptop's charger. Sony
    vaio's can work without their batteries, I know, I have one.
    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, just a quick question i hope you will be able help me with...
    > i've had my battery for some time now, its always worked well, recently

    it
    > stopped working. after checking it with some monitoring software, the

    charge

    Nite Rider, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Chris

    hawk Guest

    If you have a shop that specializes in batteries, they will be able to
    test the battery to see if it is worth reconditioning. Reconditioning
    consists of total discharge and charge cycle many times over a twelve
    hour plus period. I had a Sony battery reconditioned once and it was
    restored to about 75% of new.

    Regards, hawk

    hawk, Aug 19, 2003