    become a consistant problem...

    ....any suggestions?
    , Oct 16, 2006

  2. From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware
    defective LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than
    replacement of the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out
    of warranty ... could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it
    sounds like you are still in the warranty period.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 16, 2006

  3. BillW50 Guest

    "Barry Watzman" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Ok Brand new to 'Groups' so i hope i'm in the correct place...
    >>
    >> I bought a Sony Vaio earlier this year (get back to you with the
    >> exact model) and the screen has become corrupted. About a third ways
    >> in from the left is a vertical line of red pixels and from that line
    >> all the way to the right appear what i can only discribe as 'contour
    >> lines' of red pixels over anything with any colour in it - be it a
    >> photo or dvd movie.
    >>
    >> Not had chance to plug it into any other monitor etc as it's only
    >> just become a consistant problem...
    >>
    >> ...any suggestions?

    > From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware
    > defective LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than
    > replacement of the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out
    > of warranty ... could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it
    > sounds like you are still in the warranty period.

    It's possible it is the LCD like Barry stated he thinks it is. Although
    if the same thing is there with an external monitor, all bets are off.

    --
    Bill
    BillW50, Oct 16, 2006
  4. M.I.5¾ Guest

    > From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware defective
    > LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than replacement of
    > the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out of warranty ...
    > could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it sounds like you are
    > still in the warranty period.

    I don't know where you are, but someone here (UK) just sent a Vaio back with
    a similar problem. It was returned repaired just 3 working days later. Not
    bad considering that it had to be sent to France.
    M.I.5¾, Oct 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    M.I.5¾ wrote:

    > I don't know where you are, but someone here (UK) just sent a Vaio back with
    > a similar problem. It was returned repaired just 3 working days later. Not
    > bad considering that it had to be sent to France.

    cheers fellas
    ok sounds like i could get it sorted...if only i could find the
    receipt!?!?!
    , Oct 17, 2006