Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Vs Onboard Sound Chip with Modern Motherboards

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by deadzebra, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. deadzebra

    deadzebra Guest

    Hello,

    Is an old, basic sound card like the Sound Blaster Live 5.1, still
    better than the onboard audio of most recent motherboards?

    Sorry for my ignorance, I no nothing much about sound cards (yet).

    This card (Live 5.1) are very cheap to buy on ebay (less than 10 uk
    pounds), maybe I will buy one, but whats the point if my onboard sound
    it the same/better?

    Thanks,
    Nick.

    1. Advertising

  2. Sen

    Sen Guest

    Hey man!
    Just today I replaced for the first time in my life on-board audio with
    Audigy SE, and it kicks ass:)
    I think anything is better than (in my case) AC'97 audio...
    You might also consider Audigy Value, or SE, they aren't too expensive (got
    mine for about 18 pounds, brand new)...
    I think it's worth it...

    Cheers,
    Sen