    it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well still
    and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
    appreciated.

    Anthony, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Anthony

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Anthony <> wrote:
    > Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce 3
    > board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
    > computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I got
    > the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a way
    > to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
    > use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt hook
    > it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well still
    > and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
    > appreciated.

    Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
    independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
    and what you want to do with it.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Apr 24, 2007

  3. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Arno Wagner" <> wrote in message
    > Previously Anthony <> wrote:
    >> Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce
    >> 3
    >> board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
    >> computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I
    >> got
    >> the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a
    >> way
    >> to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
    >> use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt
    >> hook
    >> it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well
    >> still
    >> and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
    >> appreciated.

    > Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
    > independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
    > and what you want to do with it.
    >
    > Arno

    Well I am using windows xp pro. I have it set up so I can select either
    sound card but I want both to be working at the sametime I get lazy lol

    Anthony, Apr 24, 2007
  4. Anthony

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Anthony <> wrote:

    > "Arno Wagner" <> wrote in message
    >> Previously Anthony <> wrote:
    >>> Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce
    >>> 3
    >>> board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
    >>> computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I
    >>> got
    >>> the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a
    >>> way
    >>> to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
    >>> use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt
    >>> hook
    >>> it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well
    >>> still
    >>> and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
    >>> appreciated.

    >> Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
    >> independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
    >> and what you want to do with it.
    >>
    >> Arno

    > Well I am using windows xp pro. I have it set up so I can select either
    > sound card but I want both to be working at the sametime I get lazy lol

    AFAIK XP cannot do that.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Apr 24, 2007
  5. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Dang what about vista?

    Anthony, Apr 26, 2007
  6. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Well using windows xp I figured out a way to have both sound cards working
    at once. What I di was do what I was doing on the sound balster then I
    decided to play wow on the big screen I first set it to the other sound card
    under control panel under sound and audio devices. I select the one then
    hit aply and okay and now I got both going at one time. I hear wow on the
    big screen and my TV tuner and computer stuff on the normal computer
    speakers.

    Anthony, Apr 26, 2007
  7. Anthony

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Anthony <> wrote:
    > Well using windows xp I figured out a way to have both sound cards working
    > at once. What I di was do what I was doing on the sound balster then I
    > decided to play wow on the big screen I first set it to the other sound card
    > under control panel under sound and audio devices. I select the one then
    > hit aply and okay and now I got both going at one time. I hear wow on the
    > big screen and my TV tuner and computer stuff on the normal computer
    > speakers.

    Interesting. Did not know this could be done. Congratulations!

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Apr 27, 2007