    pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.

    I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

    Trevor L., Jul 26, 2007

  2. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 26, 10:55 am, "Trevor L." <> wrote:
    > Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    > 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    > problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    > goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    > pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    >
    > I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    > from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

    Also is it possible to run a 3.2Ghz P4 EE in my mobo?

    Trevor L., Jul 26, 2007

  3. Trevor L.

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Trevor L.' wrote:
    | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    |
    | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    _____

    It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
    No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
    application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
    problem?

    How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
    BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
    in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
    done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
    could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
    motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
    source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
    Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
    information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
    not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
    have.

    Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
    slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
    temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
    and increase ventilation if the readings are high.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <> wrote:
    > 'Trevor L.' wrote:
    >
    > | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    > |
    > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    > _____
    >
    > It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
    > No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
    > application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
    > problem?
    >
    > How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
    > BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
    > in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
    > done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
    > could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
    > motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
    > source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
    > Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
    > information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
    > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
    > have.
    >
    > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
    > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
    > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
    > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
    >
    > Phil Weldon
    >
    > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    > | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    > |
    > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

    Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
    working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
    anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
    VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
    said the VCore was 1.1.

    Trevor L., Jul 26, 2007
  5. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 26, 5:22 pm, "Trevor L." <> wrote:
    > On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <> wrote:
    >

    > > 'Trevor L.' wrote:

    > > | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    > > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    > > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    > > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    > > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    > > |
    > > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    > > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    > > _____

    > > It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
    > > No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
    > > application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
    > > problem?

    > > How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
    > > BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
    > > in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
    > > done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
    > > could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
    > > motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
    > > source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
    > > Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
    > > information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
    > > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
    > > have.

    > > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
    > > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
    > > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
    > > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.

    > > Phil Weldon

    > > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    > > | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    > > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    > > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    > > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    > > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    > > |
    > > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    > > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    > > |

    > Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
    > working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
    > anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
    > VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
    > said the VCore was 1.1.

    My cpu temperatures at idle are around 115.3F. The CPU Fan is at
    3321RPM out of 4726RPM. All the temperatures look normal at 3.2Ghz.
    Maybe someday I should get a stronger powersupply, especially if im
    overclocking my nvidia graphics and running 4 internal 7200RPM hard
    drives....Im bound to burn it out soon.

    Trevor L., Jul 26, 2007
  6. Trevor L.

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Trevor L.' wrote:
    | Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
    | working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
    | anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
    | VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
    | said the VCore was 1.1.
    _____

    More, and more exact, information, please.

    I'm still not sure I understand what you mean by 'sound problem'. Do you
    mean that the sound is ok, except intermittently you have no sound? Or do
    you mean that when CPUCool is working the sound is silent. Or do you mean
    fan noise? It really takes exact descriptions to diagnose a computer
    problem long distance.

    There dozens of different hardware monitoring chips used on motherboards.
    For a temperature/voltage/fan speed monitor program to work correctly it
    must recognize the particular chips used AND be aware of the implementation
    the motherboard manufacturer used (voltage divider resistors, for example.)

    The operating system used has an effect on the CPU idle temperature. But
    the idle temperature really isn't very helpful. It is the temperature under
    maximum CPU stress that is important.

    Your CPU core voltage is definitely NOT 3.184 volts, but then it is
    definitely NOT 1.1 volts either. The monitoring program you are using
    evidently does not recognize the hardware monitor chip(s) and implementation
    used by the motherboard. The fan speed may not be accurate either.

    Since you have no problems with an low overclock (3198 MHz - 3000 MHz)/3000
    MHz) = < 7%, but a slightly higher overclock does present a problem, then
    the inability to raise the core voltage may be the key. Or the key may be
    that with your non-overclocking friendly motherboard you may not be able to
    lock the PCI bus speed to the standard 33 MHz when the FSB speed is
    increased. When the PCI bus speed is higher than 33 MHz problems begin to
    occur; in fact, with a PCI bus speed above 37 or 38 MHz hard drive data
    corruption can begin to happen. In which cases you will just have to be
    satisfied with 3198 MHz.

    I certainly would not consider putting a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz EE CPU in your
    motherboard. Even if the BIOS will support the CPU, the motherboard will
    severely limit the overclock. You lucky to get ANY overclock. Certainly,
    if you can't change the CPU multiplier in the BIOS, a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz EE
    is only marginally better than what you already have.

    You've still not given details about your system HOW do you overclock? What
    are the settings you changed to get 3198 MHz? There is really not much more
    to be said without sufficient information from you. Overclocking can be a
    lot of fun IF you have an overclocking friendly motherboard (To access this
    newsgroup I am using a $118 US Intel E4300 1.8 GHz Core 2 CPU @ 2.8 GHz, a 1
    GHz or 56% overclock, a very simple task since with an overclocking friendly
    motherboard I can change the FSB speed, CPU multiplier {9X, 8X, 7X), CPU
    voltage, AND the PCI-E and memory clock speeds independently.) But with
    your motherboard I think you should just dial it back to the trouble-free
    3198 MHz and consider yourself lucky. Or you could consider replacing your
    motherboard and perhaps get 3.6 GHz with your Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU when you
    can raise the CPU core voltage and pick a higher FSB speed AND lock the PCI
    bus speed to 33 MHz and the AGP bus speed to 66 MHz.

    Phil Weldon

    "Trevor L." <> wrote in message
    | On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <> wrote:
    | > 'Trevor L.' wrote:
    | >
    | > | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    | > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    | > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    | > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    | > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    | > |
    | > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    | > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    | > _____
    | >
    | > It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound
    problem.
    | > No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does
    the
    | > application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
    | > problem?
    | >
    | > How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
    | > BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have
    much
    | > in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
    | > done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
    | > could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
    | > motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your
    best
    | > source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2
    GHz
    | > Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source
    for
    | > information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely
    does
    | > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately
    would
    | > have.
    | >
    | > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
    | > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
    | > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system
    case,
    | > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
    | >
    | > Phil Weldon
    | >
    | > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    | > | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
    | > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
    | > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
    | > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
    | > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
    | > |
    | > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
    | > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
    | > |

    Phil Weldon, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 26, 6:59 pm, "Phil Weldon" <> wrote:
> [...]
    > | > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately
    > would
    > | > have.
    > | >
    > | > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
    > | > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
    > | > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system
    > case,
    > | > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
    > | >
    > | > Phil Weldon
    > | >
    > | > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
    > | working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
    > | anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
    > | VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it

    Ive raised the FSB to 213Mhz from 200. It's a regular HP BIOS version
    (3.28) and when i read 3200mhz the sound works intermittenly. I've
    rechecked the vcore using a different program and it reads as
    1.42volts. Since the mobo's max stock cpu is a 3.2Ghz p4 Northwood, I
    might be better off buying the 3.2ghz cpu and running it at stock,
    but, if I can save money by overclocking, Ill take the overclocker's
    route. I overclocked my AMD 3200+ to 2.4Ghz and it was very unstable.
    Even at 2.3 it was terrible. And besides, 2Mhz isnt much of a
    difference between 3198 and 3200, is it? I just gotta find a way for
    this mobo to keep the overclock when it shuts down. So i dont have to
    keep resetting CPUCool. Do you know anyone who has flashed their p4sd-
    la to a p4g800-v's bios? People say they have done it, and I keep
    thinking ill do it someday, but then I see the risk of losing my only
    really fast desktop I have if anything goes wrong.

    Here's my cpu-z dump:

    -------------------------
    CPU-Z version 1.40.5
    -------------------------

    Processors Map

    Number of processors 1
    Number of threads 2

    Processor 0
    -- Core 0
    -- Thread 0
    -- Thread 1

    Processors Information

    Processor 1 (ID = 0)
    Number of cores 1
    Number of threads 2 (max 2)
    Name Intel Pentium 4
    Codename Northwood
    Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    Package Socket 478 mPGA (platform ID = 2h)
    CPUID F.2.9
    Extended CPUID F.2
    Brand ID 9
    Core Stepping D1
    Technology 0.13 um
    Core Speed 3199.4 MHz (15.0 x 213.3 MHz)
    Rated Bus speed 853.2 MHz
    Stock frequency 3000 MHz
    Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2
    L1 Data cache 8 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
    Trace cache 12 Kuops, 8-way set associative
    L2 cache 512 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
    FID/VID Control no

    Thread dumps

    CPU Thread 0
    APIC ID 0
    Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 0, Thread ID 0
    Type 01001003h
    Max CPUID level 00000002h
    Max CPUID ext. level 80000004h

    Function eax ebx ecx edx
    0x00000000 0x00000002 0x756E6547 0x6C65746E 0x49656E69
    0x00000001 0x00000F29 0x00020809 0x00004400 0xBFEBFBFF
    0x00000002 0x665B5001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x007B7040
    0x80000000 0x80000004 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
    0x80000001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
    0x80000002 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x6E492020
    0x80000003 0x286C6574 0x50202952 0x69746E65 0x52286D75
    0x80000004 0x20342029 0x20555043 0x30302E33 0x007A4847

    MSR 0x0000001B edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0xFEE00900
    MSR 0x00000017 edx = 0x000A0000 eax = 0x00000000
    MSR 0x0000002C edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x0F12000F
    MSR 0x000001A0 edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x00000089

    CPU Thread 1
    APIC ID 1
    Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 0, Thread ID 1
    Type 01001003h
    Max CPUID level 00000002h
    Max CPUID ext. level 80000004h

    Function eax ebx ecx edx
    0x00000000 0x00000002 0x756E6547 0x6C65746E 0x49656E69
    0x00000001 0x00000F29 0x01020809 0x00004400 0xBFEBFBFF
    0x00000002 0x665B5001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x007B7040
    0x80000000 0x80000004 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
    0x80000001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
    0x80000002 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x6E492020
    0x80000003 0x286C6574 0x50202952 0x69746E65 0x52286D75
    0x80000004 0x20342029 0x20555043 0x30302E33 0x007A4847

    MSR 0x0000001B edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0xFEE00800
    MSR 0x00000017 edx = 0x000A0000 eax = 0x00000000
    MSR 0x0000002C edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x0F12000F
    MSR 0x000001A0 edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x00000089

    Chipset

    Northbridge Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P rev. A2
    Southbridge Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 02
    Graphic Interface AGP
    AGP Revision 3.0
    AGP Transfer Rate 8x
    AGP SBA supported, enabled
    Memory Type DDR
    Memory Size 1792 MBytes
    Memory Frequency 170.6 MHz (5:4)
    CAS# 2.5
    RAS# to CAS# 3
    RAS# Precharge 3
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 7
    Performance Mode enabled

    MCHBAR dump
    -----------

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 04 08 0C 10 14 18 1C 1C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    10 11 11 11 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 95 0D 9C 56 C6 42 14 00 71 02 00 20 01 80 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 08 04 41 00 30 08 04 00 30 08 04 00 04 05 20 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    Memory SPD

    DIMM #1

    General
    Memory type DDR
    Manufacturer (ID) Hyundai Electronics (AD00000000000000)
    Size 512 MBytes
    Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
    Part number HYMD264 646B8J-J
    Serial number 1C1A8101
    Manufacturing date Week 104/Year 26

    Attributes
    Number of banks 2
    Data width 64 bits
    Correction None
    Registered no
    Buffered no
    EPP no

    Timings table
    Frequency (MHz) 133 166
    CAS# 2.0 2.5
    RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
    RAS# Precharge 3 3
    TRAS 6 7

    DIMM #2

    General
    Memory type DDR
    Manufacturer (ID) Kingston (7F98000000000000)
    Size 512 MBytes
    Max bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
    Part number K
    Serial number 552A3A74
    Manufacturing date Week 12/Year 06

    Attributes
    Number of banks 2
    Data width 64 bits
    Correction None
    Registered no
    Buffered no
    EPP no

    Timings table
    Frequency (MHz) 133 166 200
    CAS# 2.0 2.5 3.0
    RAS# to CAS# delay 2 3 3
    RAS# Precharge 2 3 3
    TRAS 6 7 8

    DIMM #3

    General
    Memory type DDR
    Manufacturer (ID) Nanya Technology (7F7F7F0B00000000)
    Size 512 MBytes
    Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
    Part number M2U51264DS8HB3G-6K
    Manufacturing date Week 45/Year 03

    Attributes
    Number of banks 2
    Data width 64 bits
    Correction None
    Registered no
    Buffered no
    EPP no

    Timings table
    Frequency (MHz) 133 166
    CAS# 2.0 2.5
    RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
    RAS# Precharge 3 3
    TRAS 6 7

    DIMM #4

    General
    Memory type DDR
    Manufacturer (ID) Hyundai Electronics (AD0000BC00000000)
    Size 256 MBytes
    Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
    Part number HYMD232 646B8J-J
    Serial number 608BC056
    Manufacturing date Week 103/Year 39

    Attributes
    Number of banks 1
    Data width 64 bits
    Correction None
    Registered no
    Buffered no
    EPP no

    Timings table
    Frequency (MHz) 133 166
    CAS# 2.0 2.5
    RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
    RAS# Precharge 3 3
    TRAS 6 7

    Dump Module #1
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
    10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 C0 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
    20 75 75 45 45 00 00 00 00 00 3C 48 30 2D 55 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01
    40 AD 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 48 59 4D 44 32 36 34
    50 20 36 34 36 42 38 4A 2D 4A 20 20 20 30 1A 68 1C
    60 1A 81 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 31 C2 00 00 00 38
    70 53 34 36 4E 30 34 43 4F 32 20 31 30 00 00 00 00

    Dump Module #2
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 50 65 00 82 08 00 01
    10 0E 04 1C 01 02 20 00 60 70 75 75 38 28 38 28 40
    20 60 60 40 40 00 00 00 00 00 37 46 20 28 50 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 8C
    40 7F 98 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4B 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 0C 55
    60 2A 3A 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    Dump Module #3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
    10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 00 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
    20 75 75 45 45 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B
    40 7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00 09 4D 32 55 35 31 32 36
    50 34 44 53 38 48 42 33 47 2D 36 4B 00 00 03 2D 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    Dump Module #4
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 80 08 07 0D 0A 01 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
    10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 C0 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
    20 75 31 C2 C1 00 00 00 00 00 3C 48 30 2D 55 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    40 AD 00 00 BC 00 00 00 00 02 48 59 4D 44 32 33 32
    50 20 36 34 36 42 38 4A 2D 4A 20 20 20 30 27 67 60
    60 8B C0 56 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    Monitoring

    Sensor Chip SMSC 6001

    PCI Device List

    Host Bridge
    bus 0 (0x00), device 0 (0x00), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x2570
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x00
    BaseClass 0x06
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (memory) 0xF8000000
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A5
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x00
    Capabilities
    Vendor Dependant Capability
    Offset E4h
    AGP Capability
    Offset A0h
    Version 3.0
    Status enabled
    Transfer rate 8x (max 8x)
    Queue lenght 1 (max 32)
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 70 25 06 00 90 20 02 00 00 06 00 00 00 00
    10 08 00 00 F8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A5 80
    30 00 00 00 00 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 02 08 00 40 80 1C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 10 11 11 11 01 33 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 38 00
    A0 02 00 30 00 1B 4A 00 1F 12 0B 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 80 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 00 E0 07 00 20 10 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 70 0E 24 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 02 28 04 0E 0B 0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 01
    E0 00 00 00 00 09 A0 06 21 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 00 00 00 00

    PCI to PCI Bridge
    bus 0 (0x00), device 1 (0x01), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x2571
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x04
    BaseClass 0x06
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x40
    Header 0x01
    PCI header
    Primary bus 0x00
    Secondary bus 0x01
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x00
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 71 25 07 01 A0 00 02 00 04 06 00 40 01 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 40 F0 00 A0 22
    20 80 FC 80 FE F0 D7 E0 F7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 00 00 00 00

    System Device
    bus 0 (0x00), device 6 (0x06), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x2576
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x80
    BaseClass 0x08
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (memory) 0xFECF0000
    Subvendor ID 0x0000
    Subsystem ID 0x0000
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x00
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 76 25 02 00 80 00 02 00 80 08 00 00 00 00
    10 00 00 CF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    40 43 65 10 04 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 01 00 84 00 02 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 55 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 08 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 F0 43 FC 7D 01 00 00 00 09 00 00 00
    C0 00 08 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 FF 0E 00 00 00 00 04 00
    F0 00 0C 02 00 00 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 74 FC 00 00

    USB Controller (UHCI)
    bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D2
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x03
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x80
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000E000
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x10
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D2 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 80 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 01 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    USB Controller (UHCI)
    bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 1 (0x01)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D4
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x03
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000E400
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x13
    Int. Pin 0x02
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D4 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 01 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 02 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    USB Controller (UHCI)
    bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 2 (0x02)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D7
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x03
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000E800
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x12
    Int. Pin 0x03
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D7 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 01 E8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 12 03 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    USB Controller (UHCI)
    bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 3 (0x03)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24DE
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x03
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000EC00
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x10
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 DE 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 01 EC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    USB 2.0 Controller (EHCI)
    bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 7 (0x07)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24DD
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x20
    SubClass 0x03
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (memory) 0xFEBFFC00
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x17
    Int. Pin 0x04
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 50h
    Version 1.1
    Debug Port Capability
    Offset 58h
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 DD 24 06 01 90 02 02 20 03 0C 00 00 00 00
    10 00 FC BF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 17 04 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 01 58 C2 C9 00 00 00 00 0A 00 A0 20 00 00 00 00
    60 20 20 FF 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 05 00 00 E0
    70 00 00 FF 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 55 55 00 00 00 00 3F 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 80 00 00 88 83 40 00 66 0F 04 00 06 14 00 00

    PCI to PCI Bridge
    bus 0 (0x00), device 30 (0x1E), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x244E
    Revision ID 0xC2
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x04
    BaseClass 0x06
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x01
    PCI header
    Primary bus 0x00
    Secondary bus 0x02
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x00
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 4E 24 07 01 80 00 C2 00 04 06 00 00 01 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 02 40 A0 B0 80 22
    20 90 FE A0 FE F0 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00
    40 02 28 30 76 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 02 64 73 00 00 00 00 00 50 01 34 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 8B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 01 00 02 00 00 00 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 51 33

    PCI to ISA Bridge
    bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D0
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x01
    BaseClass 0x06
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x80
    PCI header
    Subvendor ID 0x0000
    Subsystem ID 0x0000
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x00
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D0 24 0F 00 80 02 02 00 01 06 00 00 80 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    40 01 08 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 04 00 00 10 00 00 00
    60 8A 86 85 83 D0 00 00 00 80 8B 8B 8B 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 FF FC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 20 02 00 00 01 00 00 00 0D 00 00 00 00 03 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 86 21 00 00 02 0F 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 80 00 00 08 14 33 22 11 00 00 00 67 45
    F0 00 00 40 00 04 00 00 00 66 0F 04 3E 00 00 00 00

    IDE Controller
    bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 1 (0x01)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24DB
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x8A
    SubClass 0x01
    BaseClass 0x01
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000FC00
    Address 5 (memory) 0xFFEFFC00
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x00
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 DB 24 07 00 80 02 02 8A 01 01 00 00 00 00
    10 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
    20 01 FC 00 00 00 FC EF FF 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00
    40 77 E3 33 E3 BB 00 00 00 0F 00 11 22 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 30 30 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    IDE Controller
    bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 2 (0x02)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D1
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x8F
    SubClass 0x01
    BaseClass 0x01
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (port) 0x0000D400
    Address 1 (port) 0x0000D000
    Address 2 (port) 0x0000CC00
    Address 3 (port) 0x0000C800
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000C400
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x12
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D1 24 05 00 A0 02 02 8F 01 01 00 00 00 00
    10 01 D4 00 00 01 D0 00 00 01 CC 00 00 01 C8 00 00
    20 01 C4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 12 01 00 00
    40 00 80 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 05 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 03 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    SMBus Controller
    bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 3 (0x03)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D3
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x05
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 4 (port) 0x00000400
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80A6
    Int. Line 0x06
    Int. Pin 0x02
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D3 24 01 00 80 02 02 00 05 0C 00 00 00 00
    10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 01 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
    30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 02 00 00
    40 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    Audio device
    bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 5 (0x05)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x8086
    Model ID 0x24D5
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x01
    BaseClass 0x04
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x00
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (port) 0x0000D800
    Address 1 (port) 0x0000DC00
    Address 2 (memory) 0xFEBFF800
    Address 3 (memory) 0xFEBFF400
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x8095
    Int. Line 0x11
    Int. Pin 0x02
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 50h
    Version 1.1
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 86 80 D5 24 07 00 90 02 02 00 01 04 00 00 00 00
    10 01 D8 00 00 01 DC 00 00 00 F8 BF FE 00 F4 BF FE
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 95 80
    30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 02 00 00
    40 09 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 01 00 C2 C9 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

    VGA Controller
    bus 1 (0x01), device 0 (0x00), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x10DE
    Model ID 0x0326
    Revision ID 0xA1
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x00
    BaseClass 0x03
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0xF8
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (memory) 0xFD000000
    Address 1 (memory) 0xE0000000
    Subvendor ID 0x0000
    Subsystem ID 0x0000
    Int. Line 0x10
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 60h
    Version 1.1
    AGP Capability
    Offset 44h
    Version 3.0
    Status enabled
    Transfer rate 8x (max 8x)
    Queue lenght 1 (max 32)
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 DE 10 26 03 07 00 B0 02 A1 00 00 03 00 F8 00 00
    10 00 00 00 FD 08 00 00 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    30 00 00 8E FE 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 05 01
    40 00 00 00 00 02 00 30 00 1B 0E 00 1F 12 43 00 1F
    50 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 CE D6 23 00 0F 00 00 00
    60 01 44 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    Mass storage Controller
    bus 2 (0x02), device 10 (0x0A), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x1095
    Model ID 0x0680
    Revision ID 0x02
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x80
    BaseClass 0x01
    Cache Line 0x01
    Latency 0x40
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (port) 0x0000BC00
    Address 1 (port) 0x0000B800
    Address 2 (port) 0x0000B400
    Address 3 (port) 0x0000B000
    Address 4 (port) 0x0000AC00
    Address 5 (memory) 0xFEAFFC00
    Subvendor ID 0x1095
    Subsystem ID 0x0680
    Int. Line 0x16
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 60h
    Version 1.1
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 95 10 80 06 07 01 90 02 02 00 80 01 01 40 00 00
    10 01 BC 00 00 01 B8 00 00 01 B4 00 00 01 B0 00 00
    20 01 AC 00 00 00 FC AF FE 00 00 00 00 95 10 80 06
    30 00 00 A0 FE 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 01 00 00
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 01 00 22 06 00 40 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 20 00 18 70 F5 08 00 00 20 00 A8 70 F5 08
    80 23 00 00 00 23 00 00 00 00 00 11 00 C2 78 86 47
    90 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 62 C1 10 8A 32 8A 32 92 43 92 43 07 00 00 00
    B0 00 62 C1 10 8A 32 8A 32 92 43 92 43 07 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    OHCI FireWire Controller
    bus 2 (0x02), device 14 (0x0E), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x104C
    Model ID 0x8023
    Revision ID 0x00
    PI 0x10
    SubClass 0x00
    BaseClass 0x0C
    Cache Line 0x04
    Latency 0x40
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (memory) 0xFEAFF000
    Address 1 (memory) 0xFEAF8000
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x808B
    Int. Line 0x15
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 44h
    Version 1.1
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 4C 10 23 80 16 01 10 02 00 10 00 0C 04 40 00 00
    10 00 F0 AF FE 00 80 AF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 8B 80
    30 00 00 00 00 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 15 01 03 04
    40 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 7E 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00
    F0 10 00 00 00 02 10 00 00 43 10 8B 80 00 00 01 01

    Ethernet Controller
    bus 2 (0x02), device 15 (0x0F), function 0 (0x00)
    Common header
    Vendor ID 0x10EC
    Model ID 0x8139
    Revision ID 0x10
    PI 0x00
    SubClass 0x00
    BaseClass 0x02
    Cache Line 0x00
    Latency 0x40
    Header 0x00
    PCI header
    Address 0 (port) 0x0000A800
    Address 1 (memory) 0xFEAFCC00
    Subvendor ID 0x1043
    Subsystem ID 0x80B3
    Int. Line 0x13
    Int. Pin 0x01
    Capabilities
    Power Management Capability
    Offset 50h
    Version 1.1
    Dump
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
    00 EC 10 39 81 05 01 90 02 10 00 00 02 00 40 00 00
    10 01 A8 00 00 00 CC AF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 B3 80
    30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 01 20 40
    40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    50 01 00 C2 F7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

    DMI

    DMI BIOS
    --------
    vendor American Megatrends Inc.
    version 3.28
    date 08/27/2004

    DMI System Information
    ----------------------
    manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
    product DN004A-ABA A362N
    version 0nC1211RE101YALE 10
    serial MXK343108S NA300
    UUID 0087723F-8599D811-BECA8AE1-27278698

    DMI Baseboard
    -------------
    vendor ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    model Yale
    revision 1.xx
    serial X312345678

    DMI System Enclosure
    --------------------
    manufacturer Chassis Manufacture
    chassis type Desktop
    chassis serial Chassis Serial Number

    DMI Processor
    -------------
    manufacturer Intel
    model Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    clock speed 3000.0MHz
    FSB speed 200.0MHz
    multiplier 15.0x

    DMI Memory Controller
    ---------------------
    correction 64-bit ECC
    Max module size 512MBytes

    DMI Memory Module
    -----------------
    designation DIMM0
    size 512MBytes (double bank)

    DMI Memory Module
    -----------------
    designation DIMM1
    size 512MBytes (double bank)

    DMI Memory Module
    -----------------
    designation DIMM2
    size 512MBytes (double bank)

    DMI Memory Module
    -----------------
    designation DIMM3
    size 256MBytes (single bank)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation PS2Mouse (external)
    port type Mouse Port
    connector PS/2

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation Keyboard (external)
    port type Keyboard Port
    connector PS/2

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation USB1 (external)
    port type USB
    connector Access Bus (USB)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation USB2 (external)
    port type USB
    connector Access Bus (USB)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation LPT 1 (external)
    port type Parallel Port ECP/EPP
    connector DB-25 male

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation COM A (external)
    port type Serial Port 16550A
    connector DB-9 male

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation Audio Mic In (external)
    port type Audio Port
    connector Mini Jack (headphones)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation Audio Line In (external)
    port type Audio Port
    connector Mini Jack (headphones)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J6B1 - AUX IN (internal)
    port type Audio Port
    connector On Board Sound Input From CD-ROM

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J6B2 - CDIN (internal)
    port type Audio Port
    connector On Board Sound Input From CD-ROM

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J6J2 - PRI IDE (internal)
    connector On Board IDE

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J6J1 - SEC IDE (internal)
    connector On Board IDE

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J4J1 - FLOPPY (internal)
    connector On Board Floppy

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J9H1 - FRONT PNL (internal)
    connector 9 Pin Dual Inline (pin 10 cut)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J1B1 - CHASSIS REAR FAN (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J2F1 - CPU FAN (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J8B4 - FRONT FAN (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J9G2 - FNT USB (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J6C3 - FP AUD (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J9G1 - CONFIG (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J8C1 - SCSI LED (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J9J2 - INTRUDER (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J9G4 - ITP (internal)

    DMI Port Connector
    ------------------
    designation J2H1 - MAIN POWER (internal)

    DMI Extension Slot
    ------------------
    designation AGP
    type AGP 4x
    width 32 bits
    populated yes

    DMI Extension Slot
    ------------------
    designation PCI1
    type PCI
    width 32 bits
    populated no

    DMI Extension Slot
    ------------------
    designation PCI2
    type PCI
    width 32 bits
    populated yes

    DMI Extension Slot
    ------------------
    designation PCI3
    type PCI
    width 32 bits
    populated no

    DMI Physical Memory Array
    -------------------------
    location Motherboard
    usage System Memory
    correction None
    max capacity 4096MBytes
    max# of devices 4

    DMI Memory Device
    -----------------
    designation DIMM0
    format DIMM
    type DDR
    total width 64bits
    data width 64bits
    size 512MBytes

    DMI Memory Device
    -----------------
    designation DIMM1
    format DIMM
    type DDR
    total width 64bits
    data width 64bits
    size 512MBytes

    DMI Memory Device
    -----------------
    designation DIMM2
    format DIMM
    type DDR
    total width 64bits
    data width 64bits
    size 512MBytes

    DMI Memory Device
    -----------------
    designation DIMM3
    format DIMM
    type DDR
    total width 64bits
    data width 64bits
    size 256MBytes

    Software

    Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    (Build 2600)
    DirectX Version 9.0c

    Resources

    Port I/O Space, BA=0xCF8, size=0x8
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000F8000000
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FECF0000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xE000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xE400
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xE800
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xEC00
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFFC00
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xFC00
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FFEFFC00
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xD400
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xD000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xCC00
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xC800
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xC400
    Port I/O Space, BA=0x400
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xD800
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xDC00
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFF800
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFF400
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FD000000
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000E0000000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xBC00
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xB800
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xB400
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xB000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xAC00
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFFC00
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFF000
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAF8000
    Port I/O Space, BA=0xA800
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFCC00
    Port I/O Space, BA=0x808, size=0x4
    Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEE00000, size=0x1000

    Trevor L., Jul 27, 2007
  8. Trevor L.

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Trevor L.' wrote, in part:
    | Ive raised the FSB to 213Mhz from 200. It's a regular HP BIOS version
    | (3.28) and when i read 3200mhz the sound works intermittenly. I've
    | rechecked the vcore using a different program and it reads as
    | 1.42volts. Since the mobo's max stock cpu is a 3.2Ghz p4 Northwood, I
    | might be better off buying the 3.2ghz cpu and running it at stock,
    | but, if I can save money by overclocking, Ill take the overclocker's
    | route. I overclocked my AMD 3200+ to 2.4Ghz and it was very unstable.
    | Even at 2.3 it was terrible. And besides, 2Mhz isnt much of a
    | difference between 3198 and 3200, is it? I just gotta find a way for
    | this mobo to keep the overclock when it shuts down. So i dont have to
    | keep resetting CPUCool. Do you know anyone who has flashed their p4sd-
    | la to a p4g800-v's bios? People say they have done it, and I keep
    | thinking ill do it someday, but then I see the risk of losing my only
    | really fast desktop I have if anything goes wrong.
    _____

    Some of the additional information helps.

    So you are using a software on-the-fly clock control to dynamically change
    the FSB speed. That would be why you have to reset it upon reboot. I've
    never used such a method, but I'd guess you could set the program to run on
    startup. Since you are using dynamic clock control, I'd also guess that
    there is no way to lock the PCI and AGP bus speeds so both of those buses
    are overclocked also (for 3200 MHz, PCI = 35.7 MHz & AGP = 71.3 MHz.) The
    AGP bus can be overclocked by quite a bit, perhaps to 100 MHz, with no bad
    effect, though there no gain in performance. The PCI bus begins to give
    trouble to ATA hard drive controllers above 37 or 38 MHz. Perhaps with your
    motherboard and PCI > 35.5 MHz is on the edge of causing audio problems (the
    audio adapter would be connected to the PCI bus.) This is only a guess.

    As far as flashing the BIOS with a file designed for a different
    motherboard, that would be risky. One way of eliminating the risk - it is
    possible to buy a duplicate BIOS (and even a BIOS socket adapter that allows
    switching between two BIOS chips.) With this backup you could safely risk
    flashing to what might be an incompatible file.

    However a duplicate BIOS would cost ~ $25. For less than $100 you can
    probably get an overclocking friendly replacement motherboard that would
    guarantee many advantages that a BIOS flash, even if successful, could not.

    Depending on budget, I think your sensible options are

    stick with the current system and 3195 MHz (set CPUCool to run on
    startup {free})

    replace the motherboard ($50 to $100 US)

    build a new system (E4300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.7 GHz, 1 GByte DDR2-800 memory,
    motherboard for $250 US or less {plus the upgrade to a PCI-E video card})

    Phil Weldon

    "Trevor L." <> wrote in message
> [...]
    this
    | > newsgroup I am using a $118 US Intel E4300 1.8 GHz Core 2 CPU @ 2.8 GHz,
    a 1
    | > GHz or 56% overclock, a very simple task since with an overclocking
    friendly
    | > motherboard I can change the FSB speed, CPU multiplier {9X, 8X, 7X), CPU
    | > voltage, AND the PCI-E and memory clock speeds independently.) But with
    | > your motherboard I think you should just dial it back to the
    trouble-free
    | > 3198 MHz and consider yourself lucky. Or you could consider replacing
    your
    | > motherboard and perhaps get 3.6 GHz with your Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU when
    you
    | > can raise the CPU core voltage and pick a higher FSB speed AND lock the
    PCI
    | > bus speed to 33 MHz and the AGP bus speed to 66 MHz.

    | > | > |

    Phil Weldon, Jul 27, 2007
  9. Trevor L.

    Ed Medlin Guest

    "Phil Weldon" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > allows
    > switching between two BIOS chips.) With this backup you could safely
    > risk
    > flashing to what might be an incompatible file.
    >
    > However a duplicate BIOS would cost ~ $25. For less than $100 you can
    > probably get an overclocking friendly replacement motherboard that
    > would
    > guarantee many advantages that a BIOS flash, even if successful, could
    > not.
    >
    > Depending on budget, I think your sensible options are
    >
    > stick with the current system and 3195 MHz (set CPUCool to run on
    > startup {free})
    >
    > replace the motherboard ($50 to $100 US)
    >
    > build a new system (E4300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.7 GHz, 1 GByte DDR2-800
    > memory,
    > motherboard for $250 US or less {plus the upgrade to a PCI-E video

    I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
    the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
    the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
    build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
    between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
    leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
    and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
    comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
    would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
    isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
    also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Jul 27, 2007
  10. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 27, 8:07 am, "Ed Medlin" <> wrote:
> [...]

    > > card})

    > > Phil Weldon

    > I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
    > the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
    > the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
    > build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
    > between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
    > leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
    > and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
    > comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
    > would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
    > isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
    > also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

    yea I think I should invest in a core 2 duo or something like
    that...with a Geforce 8800.
    I need alot of power if I'm going to be running FS-X on two monitors
    at 1280x1024 @ 75hz each. I still dont get why Microsoft doesnt let FS-
    X run on both cpu threads. It probably would run smoother with a
    higher fps, more like 20, instead of 5. I saw Newegg had a dual quad
    core mobo once. I think it was this one,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131167
    but I think it was a dual AMD FX I saw. But, what's the point in an 8-
    core pc if the program youre gonna be running is coded for single
    cpus? Well ill save up all my money for a good system.

    Trevor L., Jul 27, 2007
  11. Trevor L.

    Don Burnette Guest

    "Trevor L." <> wrote in message
> [...]

    >> isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
    >> also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.
    >>
    >> Ed

    > yea I think I should invest in a core 2 duo or something like
    > that...with a Geforce 8800.
    > I need alot of power if I'm going to be running FS-X on two monitors
    > at 1280x1024 @ 75hz each. I still dont get why Microsoft doesnt let FS-
    > X run on both cpu threads. It probably would run smoother with a
    > higher fps, more like 20, instead of 5. I saw Newegg had a dual quad
    > core mobo once. I think it was this one,
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131167
    > but I think it was a dual AMD FX I saw. But, what's the point in an 8-
    > core pc if the program youre gonna be running is coded for single
    > cpus? Well ill save up all my money for a good system.

    Fwiw,

    The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    I am running FSX, on a
    Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    EVGA 680i mb
    2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024

    With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    smooth mid 20's in flight.

    --
    Don

    Don Burnette, Jul 28, 2007
  12. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:40 pm, "Don Burnette" <>
    wrote:
    > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 27, 8:07 am, "Ed Medlin" <> wrote:
    > >> "Phil Weldon" <> wrote in message

    > >> I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
    > >> the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
    > >> the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
    > >> build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
    > >> between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
    > >> leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
    > >> and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
    > >> comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
    > >> would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
    > >> isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
    > >> also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

    > >> Ed

    > > yea I think I should invest in a core 2 duo or something like
    > > that...with a Geforce 8800.
    > > I need alot of power if I'm going to be running FS-X on two monitors
    > > at 1280x1024 @ 75hz each. I still dont get why Microsoft doesnt let FS-
    > > X run on both cpu threads. It probably would run smoother with a
    > > higher fps, more like 20, instead of 5. I saw Newegg had a dual quad
    > > core mobo once. I think it was this one,
    > >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131167
    > > but I think it was a dual AMD FX I saw. But, what's the point in an 8-
    > > core pc if the program youre gonna be running is coded for single
    > > cpus? Well ill save up all my money for a good system.

    > Fwiw,
    >
    > The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    > I am running FSX, on a
    > Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    > EVGA 680i mb
    > 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    > BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    > 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024
    >
    > With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    > smooth mid 20's in flight.
    >
    > --
    > Don

    Thanks I never knew there was a service pack for FS :) now I can
    finally use the full potential of my overclocked puppy.

    Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz HTT @ 3.2GHz
    Geforce FX5500 290/515 128MB DDR
    2x 1280x1024x32 @ 75
    1.75GB of PC2700 DDR Single Channel (I hate not having a fourth 512mb
    stick...gotta use a 256)

    my four year old box is still working strong under my 7% overclock

    Trevor L., Jul 28, 2007
  13. Trevor L.

    Paul Guest

    Don Burnette wrote:

    > Fwiw,
    >
    > The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    > I am running FSX, on a
    > Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    > EVGA 680i mb
    > 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    > BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    > 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024
    >

    > With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    > smooth mid 20's in flight.

    I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    powerful video cards etc.).

    The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.

    With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 28, 2007
  14. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 27, 10:08 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > Don Burnette wrote:
    > > Fwiw,

    > > The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    > > I am running FSX, on a
    > > Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    > > EVGA 680i mb
    > > 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    > > BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    > > 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024

    > > With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    > > smooth mid 20's in flight.

    > I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    > seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    > powerful video cards etc.).
    >
    > The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    > a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    > device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.
    >
    > With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    > Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?
    >
    > Paul

    I havent run FSx since I installed the sp1. Ive had to reinstall fsx
    because I left disk 2 in the dvd drive and when it asked for the fsx
    disk, it probably saw the disk 2 and installed the sp from that. I
    dont know how it did it. "There are missing files. Please reinstall or
    repair this installation. FS-X Will now exit."

    So im waiting for my install to finnish...again. Then when its done I
    can install sp1 and get some info for you.

    p.s. How did this thread move from overclocking over to FS? weird....

    Trevor L., Jul 28, 2007
  15. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 27, 10:08 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > Don Burnette wrote:
    > > Fwiw,

    > > The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    > > I am running FSX, on a
    > > Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    > > EVGA 680i mb
    > > 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    > > BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    > > 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024

    > > With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    > > smooth mid 20's in flight.

    > I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    > seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    > powerful video cards etc.).
    >
    > The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    > a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    > device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.
    >
    > With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    > Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?
    >
    > Paul

    Im wondering what systems Microsoft developed fsx on... I'd laugh if
    they got 10fps...

    Trevor L., Jul 28, 2007
  16. Trevor L.

    Paul Guest

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > On Jul 27, 10:08 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    >> Don Burnette wrote:
    >>> Fwiw,
    >>> The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    >>> I am running FSX, on a
    >>> Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    >>> EVGA 680i mb
    >>> 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    >>> BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    >>> 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024
    >>> With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    >>> smooth mid 20's in flight.

    >> I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    >> seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    >> powerful video cards etc.).
    >>
    >> The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    >> a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    >> device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.
    >>
    >> With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    >> Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?
    >>
    >> Paul

    > Im wondering what systems Microsoft developed fsx on... I'd laugh if
    > they got 10fps...

    There was an article, where the developers admitted they "aimed high"
    for FSX. But the fact that SP1 works better, tells you that they didn't
    really "aim" in the first place. The product was probably released before
    it was finished.

    I've seen some people spend a lot of money on hardware, to try to get
    FSX to run well. And be disappointed with the results.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 28, 2007
  17. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 28, 12:59 am, Paul <> wrote:
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    > >> I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    > >> seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    > >> powerful video cards etc.).

    > >> The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    > >> a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    > >> device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.

    > >> With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    > >> Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?

    > >> Paul

    > > Im wondering what systems Microsoft developed fsx on... I'd laugh if
    > > they got 10fps...

    > There was an article, where the developers admitted they "aimed high"
    > for FSX. But the fact that SP1 works better, tells you that they didn't
    > really "aim" in the first place. The product was probably released before
    > it was finished.
    >
    > I've seen some people spend a lot of money on hardware, to try to get
    > FSX to run well. And be disappointed with the results.
    >
    > Paul

    heh, FS2000's slogan was "As real as it gets". FS2004 and 2002 are
    both better than 2000 :)

    Trevor L., Jul 28, 2007
  18. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 28, 12:59 am, Paul <> wrote:
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    > >> I followed a few threads about performance issues with FSX. And
    > >> seen a multitude of experiments tried (adding RAM, using more
    > >> powerful video cards etc.).

    > >> The latest theory I saw, was that the file system receives
    > >> a lot of requests, while a user is flying. Perhaps a storage
    > >> device with faster seek time, or higher bandwidth would help it.

    > >> With the SP1 in place, does the hard drive light stay lit ?
    > >> Or is file system access a low frequency occurrence ?

    > >> Paul

    > > Im wondering what systems Microsoft developed fsx on... I'd laugh if
    > > they got 10fps...

    > There was an article, where the developers admitted they "aimed high"
    > for FSX. But the fact that SP1 works better, tells you that they didn't
    > really "aim" in the first place. The product was probably released before
    > it was finished.
    >
    > I've seen some people spend a lot of money on hardware, to try to get
    > FSX to run well. And be disappointed with the results.
    >
    > Paul

    Not to mention FS2000 had mutli-cpu support out of the box

    Trevor L., Jul 28, 2007
  19. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    On Jul 27, 6:40 pm, "Don Burnette" <>
    wrote:
    > "Trevor L." <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 27, 8:07 am, "Ed Medlin" <> wrote:
    > >> "Phil Weldon" <> wrote in message

    > >> I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
    > >> the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
    > >> the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
    > >> build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
    > >> between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
    > >> leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
    > >> and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
    > >> comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
    > >> would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
    > >> isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
    > >> also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

    > >> Ed

    > > yea I think I should invest in a core 2 duo or something like
    > > that...with a Geforce 8800.
    > > I need alot of power if I'm going to be running FS-X on two monitors
    > > at 1280x1024 @ 75hz each. I still dont get why Microsoft doesnt let FS-
    > > X run on both cpu threads. It probably would run smoother with a
    > > higher fps, more like 20, instead of 5. I saw Newegg had a dual quad
    > > core mobo once. I think it was this one,
    > >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131167
    > > but I think it was a dual AMD FX I saw. But, what's the point in an 8-
    > > core pc if the program youre gonna be running is coded for single
    > > cpus? Well ill save up all my money for a good system.

    > Fwiw,
    >
    > The SP1 update, for FSX, makes better use of dual cores.
    > I am running FSX, on a
    > Core2 Duo E6600 ( overclocked to 3.24 ghz )
    > EVGA 680i mb
    > 2 gb ddr2 pc8500 ram
    > BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb video card
    > 2 ea LCD monitors, 1280x1024
    >
    > With most graphics settings more toward the right, I am getting a very
    > smooth mid 20's in flight.
    >
    > --
    > Don

    Do 8800's have an AGP version? I dont think my mobo has a PCIE slot.

    Trevor L., Jul 29, 2007
  20. Trevor L.

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Trevor' wrote:
    | Do 8800's have an AGP version? I dont think my mobo has a PCIE slot.
    _____

    No. Not at the moment. And almost assuredly not ever. An AGP bus
    connection would severely limit the performance of an 8800 class video card.
    For balanced performance a nVidia 8800 class video card ought to be teamed
    with Core 2 Duo CPU, PCI-E bus, and DDR2 memory. And any 8800 class video
    card is more expensive than the motherboard it's used in. An AGP version of
    a 8400 class video card to bring DX10 capability to legacy systems might
    make sense.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 29, 2007