    site and downloaded the win 2k/xp patch but it didnt fix the problem. Can
    anyone help?
    thanks
    Chaos, May 2, 2004

  2. Chaos

    ART Guest

    Uninstall creative driver , restart your computer.
    Windows XP should recognize your live 5.1 and install driver : vs
    5.23633.0 - 18/06/2002
    I has worked for me and sound is better .
    Run DxDiag , and test your sound .
    Good luck

    ART

    "Chaos" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > i just bought the 5.1 sound card and it came with a cd with really old
    > drivers, im running xp and the sound dies when i run a game. I went to

    their

    ART, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Chaos

    Doc Guest

    "ART" <art@àart.com> wrote in message news:<40bcf8c7$0$13939$>...
    > Uninstall creative driver , restart your computer.

    Also, take steps to *fully* uninstall. See the Creative knowledge base.
    Doc, Jun 3, 2004