    Window was booting very fast. After I installed SoundMax my boot time trippled (increased 3 times)!

    Anyone has similar problems?
    Any ideas?

    killless, Sep 28, 2006
  2. killless

    seedofonan

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    I do. Same as you, XP SP2 clean install on p5b deluxe, soundmax driver adds 15 seconds to the boot time. I've tried the 5.10.01.4570 drivers as well as the 5.10.03.5010 beta version even though the latter is for Vista. Analog Devices/SoundMAX is such a POS. At least the Vista driver doesn't install that f**ing SMax4PNP.exe garbage anymore, so I'm sticking with it for now. I hope Microsoft writes a driver for the P5B-D soon cause the SoundMAX guys certainly aren't competent. I'm probably going to have to remote kernel debug this problem because Windows XP has got no GD way to find out what's going on during boot. OMFG this is annoying.

    seedofonan, Nov 7, 2006
  3. killless

    seedofonan

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    seedofonan, Nov 16, 2006
  4. killless

    seedofonan

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    I still can not find a satisfactory fix. The 4580 driver is the only version, it seems, that does something about the idiotically long boot initializtion. It takes half as long for that version of the sound driver to initialize as any other version. But half as long is still 50% of the time it takes for windows to start. What a joke.

    Has anyone else seen a fix for this problem anywhere at all?

    seedofonan, Dec 17, 2006