Soyo Dragon Lite P4X400 Freezing

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by bird98, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. bird98

    bird98 Guest

    First thread....My Soyo Dragon Lite P4X400 has been freezing up on m
    for the last 20 months now...It only freezes when I get ready to pla
    Everquest or any type of game online or by CD after the first few min'
    or less...I could play movies, write CD's or Dvd's, anything esle bu
    play game's...I have tried to Defrag, scan for error's on the har
    drive, run muti Anti-virus programs, ran 2 reg programs, formated a fe
    time, tried to use 2 differnet hard drive, just upgraded my power supp
    from a 400W to a 600W, Got a new Geforce FX 5500, tried Window ( 98
    2000, and XP ) , the caps on my mother board are all fine, I nee
    help...

    When I formated I did a normal format 2 time then a complete forma
    once (complete format using MediaWiper pro. )

    Before this problem I started of all my hardware being the same
    like...same Video card, ram, processor, and so on...and basiclly I hav
    the same thing except I have a new FX 5500 and a 600W power supply

    When this problem started is when my monitor got shorted out ( we hav
    chicken's behind the house and my wife has a extension cord going ou
    to the coop and rain dripped on the light and shorted out the lamp an
    my monitor...as far as I know the monitor was all that got hit ) I
    this caused my freezing problem is there a way to test my moterboard o
    anything else?

    I just need my Everquest back... I need a fix :)

    Please help!!!!

    Thank you

    SY-P4X400 DRAGON Lite
    P4 2.4Ghz