Soyo SY-6BA+ III Bios Upgrad needed

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Striker, Dec 12, 2009.

  1. Striker

    Striker

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello all. Very nice Motherboard Forum here. Since this is my first posting I say sorry for my bad english.

    I need very urgently a Bios upgrade for my very old Pentium III Motherboard
    Soyo SY-6BA+ III.

    My current Bios:
    Soyo 6BA+ III-2AA3
    08/24/1999-i440BX-ITE867

    I try to install Windows XP on a 160GB Harddisk. A few moths ago my IBM 10GB harddisk got a headcrash. The Windows installation allways breaks of because the bios does'nt recognize the correct harddisk capacitiy. I also tried to partition the harddisk to 8GB FAT32 and NTFS with windows xp but all attemps failed to a windows blue screen. Ram and every other components are fine. Just the bios is outdated for large harddisks.

    I would need the newest available bios (I have read something from 10/2001) and the bios flash utility to run from a bootable floppy disk.

    Thank you very much for your help in advance.

    Kind regards from Austria,
    Reini
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Striker, Dec 12, 2009