Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon plus 2.0/Nvidia GForce 6200a

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Blackwell, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. Blackwell

    Blackwell Guest

    Posted this on the Nvidia forums, and tried to email Soyo tech support
    with this question, but have not received a response, so going to try
    it here....
    I have a SY-KT600 dragon plus 2.0 board, and recently picked up a XFX
    Gforce 6200a 512 meg video card to put in it, and my 2 questions are
    these....
    1) The AGP slot apature only opens up to 256....How can I get it to
    open to 512 to fully take advantage of the card?
    2) How do I tell if the AGP slot is set for 8x? Is it automatic or is
    there a setting that I have to change? There is no 8x/4x setting in
    the CMOS.
    BIOS version is AMI 7.00t
    AMD 3200+ processor
    2 gigs PC3200 ram
    Windows XP pro

    Thanks in advance for any replies :D

    Blackwell, Feb 10, 2006

  2. Blackwell

    Louie Guest

    Blackwell wrote:
    > Posted this on the Nvidia forums, and tried to email Soyo tech support
    > with this question, but have not received a response, so going to try
    > it here....
    > I have a SY-KT600 dragon plus 2.0 board, and recently picked up a XFX
    > Gforce 6200a 512 meg video card to put in it, and my 2 questions are
    > these....
    > 1) The AGP slot apature only opens up to 256....How can I get it to
    > open to 512 to fully take advantage of the card?
    > 2) How do I tell if the AGP slot is set for 8x? Is it automatic or is
    > there a setting that I have to change? There is no 8x/4x setting in
    > the CMOS.
    > BIOS version is AMI 7.00t
    > AMD 3200+ processor
    > 2 gigs PC3200 ram
    > Windows XP pro
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any replies :D

    Have you looked in Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced? That's where
    my AIW 9800 Pro settings are. HTH
    --
    Louie
    Gainesville, FL

    Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.

    Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

    Louie, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Blackwell

    Blackwell Guest

    I did look, but there is no way to set the AGP apeture from there..i
    can only be done from the CMOS. And it doesnt tell you if your AGP i
    running at 8x. All that does is just give info on the card that i
    installed, nothing about changing settings, but thanks for the reply

    Blackwell, Feb 11, 2006