Specific Ram Recommendation

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Riki, Jul 8, 2007.

  1. Riki

    Riki

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    SPECIFIC RAM RECOMMENDATION

    Hey everyone! New guy here!

    I am planning out the blueprint for a new DAW (computer for music-recording) & want to be smart with my memory choice. Please recommend an exact hyperlink to a part number (not Mushkin though).

    My board is an Intel D975XBX2KR, 975X chipset, 775 socket. Evidentially, I must precisely pick out memory with the following specs (no variations):

    • PC6400 DDR2
    • 2GB dual channel kit (2 1GB sticks)
    • Unbuffered
    • 1.8 voltage
    • Heat sinks
    • Low latency (of course)

    There are a lot of choices out there. I am confused by specs (because some models list a higher number for voltage & some do not lists whether they are unbuffered or not).

    Of course I do not want to pay for EXTREME specs (but I do not want to buy low-budget ram either). Keep in mind that I will not be “over clocking” & will not use a 64 bit OS or programs (32 bit only).

    Someone please make it easy & send me an actual link, preferably using http://www.tigerdirect.com (as this is where I am buying my entire package). Thanks people!

    Riki, Jul 8, 2007