    OS format can stay English

    Please advise

    Thanks
    RR, Nov 10, 2005

  2. RR

    Chris H. Guest

    The recognizer pack
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...dd-5e92-4464-b907-10762e9f918b&DisplayLang=en)
    enables only handwriting recognition, and does not add speech recognition.
    I believe that would need to come within a Multilingual User Interface Pack
    (MUI) for the operating system (Windows XP Pro) which is only available to
    large corporations via their volume licensing agreements. It is not
    available to single users.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Nov 10, 2005

  3. RR

    RR Guest

    Re: speech recognition -- fujitsu t4020d(US) -- japanese chinese e

    I understood that from reading the instructions on the micrsoft tablet PC
    download section.... is there no way to implement this without buying yet
    another piece of software - dragon etc?

    The "c:\windows\mui\setup" program shows only English.
    I assume if the other languages were intalled they would show up in the
    window.
    I also assume this can only be done fujitsu in my case.

    It seems such a shame not to have access to that ....

    PS:Fujitsu support passed the responsibilty to "microsoft" !

    RR, Nov 10, 2005
  4. RR

    Chris H. Guest

    Re: speech recognition -- fujitsu t4020d(US) -- japanese chinese e

    Correct, it is Microsoft's standards and part of the partner agreements for
    the volume license holders - all of which are primarily large corporations
    with the needs for such software. If Dragon Naturally Speaking would give
    you the language options you seek, by all means go ahead and purchase it.
    As an individual user, you will not be able to obtain the operating system
    MUI.

    Chris H., Nov 10, 2005
  5. RR

    RR Guest

    Re: speech recognition -- fujitsu t4020d(US) -- japanese chinese e

    Thanks for the confirmation.
    Looks like I have to bang on the Fujitsu a bit harder!

    Another option I can think of is using the SAPI and build my own app and
    hooks
    Any advise on that option?

    no more questions from me ..thanks
    ciao

    RR, Nov 10, 2005
  6. RR

    Chris H. Guest

    Re: speech recognition -- fujitsu t4020d(US) -- japanese chinese e

    Fujitsu is not responsible for furnishing a Windows MUI to users. It is
    limited to a corporate licensing situation, where a company uses their
    license to obtain the software where they need it.

    Chris H., Nov 10, 2005