    steffie Guest

    have windows home xp on a mini laptop, anyone know how i get speech to text .
    have a trial windows office 7 and know that these do not do speech as such.

    steffie, Jan 27, 2010

  2. imho, the best option is to purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking
    http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking. It is not free, but generally
    considered the best and most accurate speech to text application.

    There is speech recognition in the Tablet input panel, but, you indicate
    that you do not have a tablet (this forum is for tablet pc's) so, you
    might repost in the XP forum.

    If not, google time, or, open start/help and type in "speech to text" to
    find out what you may have on your os.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Jan 28, 2010

  3. This question prompted me to setup and try and his speech recognition
    system on the Tablet PC

    in general I am pretty surprised at the accuracy of the speech recognition

    in fact this particular message was created using speech recognition and
    contains no editing

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Jan 28, 2010
  4. Took a look at a netbook after the last post and confirmed that the os
    on that particular one does have speech to text recognition... again,
    start/help/"speech to text" and you should get one or more links to set
    it up and activate it.

    A good headset will be necessary to get good accuracy.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Jan 28, 2010