    hardware?

    Thanks,

    Ben
    bnkkn, Nov 14, 2006

  2. bnkkn

    Stephen Guest

    On 13 Nov 2006 21:28:51 -0800, "bnkkn" <> had a flock
    of green cheek conures squawk out:

    >Guys, I have a question for you
    >
    >I built my first computer a few months back, but last night I tried to
    >overclock it. I had have an MSI platinum with an +3800 AM2 and Corsar
    >DDR2 800-6400 (5-5-5-12). I used the CoreMaster program and found that
    >my computer was stable to about 2.34 GHz. After that I went to the BIOS
    >and changed the Bus to 210. I saved the settings and tried to boot...
    >no luck...unstable. So I have a crash-free bios and restored the fail
    >proof start up option, restoring all the defaults. Now I get the
    >following message "error loading OS". Can I just reinstall
    >windows? (I would rather not do this) Are there any tricks you guys
    >know of to get this working? Do you guys think I fried some of my
    >hardware?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Ben

    Do you have more than one hard drive? Make sure the boot drive is
    selected as the boot drive in the bios.

    Stephen
    Stephen, Nov 14, 2006

  3. bnkkn

    Dylan C Guest

    bnkkn wrote:
    > Guys, I have a question for you
    >
    > I built my first computer a few months back, but last night I tried to
    > overclock it. I had have an MSI platinum with an +3800 AM2 and Corsar
    > DDR2 800-6400 (5-5-5-12). I used the CoreMaster program and found that
    > my computer was stable to about 2.34 GHz. After that I went to the BIOS
    > and changed the Bus to 210. I saved the settings and tried to boot...
    > no luck...unstable. So I have a crash-free bios and restored the fail
    > proof start up option, restoring all the defaults. Now I get the
    > following message "error loading OS". Can I just reinstall
    > windows? (I would rather not do this) Are there any tricks you guys
    > know of to get this working? Do you guys think I fried some of my
    > hardware?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ben

    Tinkering with overclocking occasionally corrups hard drive data. You
    can try a repair install, but it never worked for me. Might have to do
    a fresh install *without formatting*, back up your data, and then
    format/reinstall from scratch.

    -Dylan C
    Dylan C, Nov 15, 2006
  4. bnkkn

    bnkkn Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > On 13 Nov 2006 21:28:51 -0800, "bnkkn" <> had a flock
    > of green cheek conures squawk out:
    >
    > >Guys, I have a question for you
    > >
    > >I built my first computer a few months back, but last night I tried to
    > >overclock it. I had have an MSI platinum with an +3800 AM2 and Corsar
    > >DDR2 800-6400 (5-5-5-12). I used the CoreMaster program and found that
    > >my computer was stable to about 2.34 GHz. After that I went to the BIOS
    > >and changed the Bus to 210. I saved the settings and tried to boot...
    > >no luck...unstable. So I have a crash-free bios and restored the fail
    > >proof start up option, restoring all the defaults. Now I get the
    > >following message "error loading OS". Can I just reinstall
    > >windows? (I would rather not do this) Are there any tricks you guys
    > >know of to get this working? Do you guys think I fried some of my
    > >hardware?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Ben

    > Do you have more than one hard drive? Make sure the boot drive is
    > selected as the boot drive in the bios.
    >
    > Stephen
    > --

    Yeah, shortly after I posted this message I realized that when i reset
    my BIOS, the boot sequence defaulted to boot from my storage drive. i
    feel like an idiot...
    bnkkn, Nov 15, 2006
  5. bnkkn

    Ed Light Guest

    "bnkkn" <> wrote

    > Yeah, shortly after I posted this message I realized that when i reset
    > my BIOS, the boot sequence defaulted to boot from my storage drive. i
    > feel like an idiot...

    Wow. Don't feel bad.

    --
    Ed Light