    _______
    Antonio
    _______

    Antonio, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Antonio

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Antonio <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,

    > I've got an IBM ThinkPad 570E and it won't start. It stops dead after
    > the RAM check, just before the bios start.

    > Can anybody help?

    Actually the RAM check is done by the BIOS, so it cannot stop dead
    before BIOS start. I assume you mean the IBM splash-screen?

    - Have you waited for a longer time, i.e. 10 minutes? It could
    be some error timeout after which you might get an error message.

    - Is the ramtest succesful? If not, have a go with memtest86,
    available here: http://www.memtest86.com/

    - Are the drives inserted correctly?

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 11, 2006