    or something?

    Thanks
    , Mar 27, 2005

  2. Don Taylor Guest

    writes:
    >I just bought a new 17 in. LCD monitor. I plugged it into my computer
    >and I noticed a bright blue pixel that would not go away. Then when I
    >used the monitor for a few more minutes, two more of these "always
    >on" pixels popped up. Is there any way to solve this like a program
    >or something?

    I don't think you are going to find a software fix for this.

    I've got a glaring green pixel just off center. I've considered
    looking for a fine tip marking pen that wouldn't dissolve into
    the soft plastic face but that would be just opaque enough to
    dim the little monster and make make him less annoying.
    Don Taylor, Mar 27, 2005

  3. DaveW Guest

    No, they are a permanent manufacturing defect. Replacement of the monitor
    is the only solution.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Mar 29, 2005