    I have ATI driver 8.3.98, which I believe was the last
    made for Windows 9x.
    It works fine under the other operating systems.

    Anne Onime, May 17, 2010

  2. Anne Onime

    me Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:27:56 +0200 (CEST), Anne Onime
    <> wrote:

    >I have a Radeon 9200 under Windows 98SE, also triple boot
    >with Windows 2000 and Linux.
    >It has a CRT monitor, was working fine at 1024x768 and more.
    > One day Windoze boots in safe mode, dunno why
    >I restart and it is only 800x600. So I tried to change
    >but it protests that it can't and I should check in device
    >manager. There were no yellow marks there.
    > I plugged in an LCD monitor on DVI socket, and
    >it also refused to change from 800x600.
    >I have ATI driver 8.3.98, which I believe was the last
    >made for Windows 9x.
    > It works fine under the other operating systems.

    Did it change your monitor in device manager to something that only
    supports 800x600 resolution? It's been a long time since I was in
    WIn98 but I think you can set it to "SuperVGA" and get the resolution
    up a bit. The correct thing to do would be to install the original
    monitor drivers if you still have them... or maybe just go into device
    manager and change to the proper driver.

    Wish I could be more specific, but it's been too long since win98!

    me, May 17, 2010