Stuck on DRAM Red light on Asus Z97 Mark1, bent LGA1150 Pin

Discussion in 'Asus' started by enson barker, Jan 4, 2015.

  1. enson barker

    enson barker

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2015
    Hi guys,

    I've been reading the forums relating to this and tried everything so then im posting this before i give up and trash my Motherboard.

    This is the setup so far:
    Asus Sabre-tooth z97 mark 1
    Core i7-4790,
    KVR1333D3N9/8G kingston 8GB DDR3 1333

    accidentally bent 2 pins from the LGA1150 socket ,

    pic here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yw9dlhg6zq47a7/20150104_130031.jpg?dl=0

    the thing Never post , (no beep because i've been unable to buy an internal speakers anywhere and i dont know why this 230$ board doesn't include a cheap part like an internal speaker)

    CPU red light for an split second and then permanent DRAM red light, MEM-OK does nothing but try to restart (i see de fans go on and off in an infinite loop).

    so what i did so far:
    1. Tried to bring the bent pins back to its position with a magnifying glass and a needle
    2. Installed a Geforce GT610 on all three PCI express sockets (integrated display port and HDMI weren't working neither)
    3. Changed the KVR1333D3N9/8G kingston for an A-DATA DDR3 1333 4GB tried them in all the sockets . They are not in the QVL by the way... , in a funny way, because the KVR1333D3N9/8 is listed as a compatible ram with my board in the kingston website but it's not in the Asus latest QVL.
    4. Hit the reset bios button
    5. Remove the board battery and put it back
    6. Disconnected everything pulled the board from the case and install everything on a carton box
    7. Disconnected the reset PWR and the HDD lights connectors, disconnected the cpu fan,
    8. Changed the Power Supply for a cooler master ext 625 because my old Power supply unit only had the 4 pin cpu connector.

    So that's it , I'm just here 99.97% sure is the bent pin on the socket but then i wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions for me before i declare it officially fried :( and toss it. MRA is not possible in my country and the bent pin is a warranty breaker.

    best regards , and sorry for the bad english.

    enson barker, Jan 4, 2015