    I'm fairly new to solaris and sun machines and don't know how to address
    this problem. Can anyone point me into right direction?

    Aapo Lehtinen

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 26, 2009

  2. Hi,

    Aapo Lehtinen wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have fire v100-server with solaris 10 installed. It has two 80GB
    > IDE-disks (and CD-drive). First HDD and CD-drive are connected to first
    > IDE-channel and second HDD to the second. Now, solaris only finds first
    > disk and I can't see it popping up in OpenBoot either.
    >
    > I'm fairly new to solaris and sun machines and don't know how to address
    > this problem. Can anyone point me into right direction?
    >
    > Aapo Lehtinen

    Have you verified that the disk is not dead?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Apr 26, 2009

  3. Michael Laajanen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Aapo Lehtinen wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I have fire v100-server with solaris 10 installed. It has two 80GB
    >> IDE-disks (and CD-drive). First HDD and CD-drive are connected to
    >> first IDE-channel and second HDD to the second. Now, solaris only
    >> finds first disk and I can't see it popping up in OpenBoot either.
    >>
    >> I'm fairly new to solaris and sun machines and don't know how to
    >> address this problem. Can anyone point me into right direction?
    >>
    >> Aapo Lehtinen

    > Have you verified that the disk is not dead?
    >
    > /michael

    Yes, tried it in an other machine. Would there be some jumper or setting
    that prevents the use of second ide-channel?

    Aapo

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 27, 2009

    Aapo Lehtinen, Apr 27, 2009
  5. Hi,

    Aapo Lehtinen wrote:
    > Michael Laajanen wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Aapo Lehtinen wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I have fire v100-server with solaris 10 installed. It has two 80GB
    >>> IDE-disks (and CD-drive). First HDD and CD-drive are connected to
    >>> first IDE-channel and second HDD to the second. Now, solaris only
    >>> finds first disk and I can't see it popping up in OpenBoot either.
    >>>
    >>> I'm fairly new to solaris and sun machines and don't know how to
    >>> address this problem. Can anyone point me into right direction?
    >>>
    >>> Aapo Lehtinen

    >> Have you verified that the disk is not dead?
    >>
    >> /michael

    > Yes, tried it in an other machine. Would there be some jumper or setting
    > that prevents the use of second ide-channel?
    >
    > Aapo

    Not that I know about, I guess that you have checked the cable aswell?

    I am not a big IDE expert but have you checked the cableselect jumper on
    the disk?

    The first HDD and CDROM is primary and slave right, this being done with
    the cableselect, then the other cable should be the same.

    Does the second cable has room for two disks or one?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Michael Laajanen <> writes:
    >Aapo Lehtinen wrote:
    >> Yes, tried it in an other machine. Would there be some jumper or setting
    >> that prevents the use of second ide-channel?

    >Not that I know about, I guess that you have checked the cable aswell?

    >I am not a big IDE expert but have you checked the cableselect jumper on
    >the disk?

    >The first HDD and CDROM is primary and slave right, this being done with
    >the cableselect, then the other cable should be the same.

    >Does the second cable has room for two disks or one?

    From what I remember about Sun IDE systems.. The drive select jumper
    must be in CableSelect mode. The hard drives typically are split on
    each bus, so first hard drive on primary bus, cd-rom is slave on
    primary bus (again via cable select jumper). Second hard drive on
    secondary bus.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 27, 2009