    http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=5101B17AA5CA7304

    Thanks,
    Donn

    Donn Coe, May 25, 2007

  2. Re: T2000 and 3rd Party Memory

    Hi,

    Donn Coe wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking to upgrade the memory in several of my T2000 servers. Has
    > anyone had experiences (positive or negative) with using 3rd party
    > memory in T2000s? The prices on the Crucial 4GB DIMMs are very
    > attractive compared to Sun. But am I likely to hit any compatibility
    > issues? I would have 8 1GB DIMMs (from Sun) in one bank and 8 4GB
    > DIMMS (from Crucial) in the other bank.
    >
    > This is the Crucial part number for a single 4GB DIMM:
    > http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=5101B17AA5CA7304
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Donn

    Aside from not knowing about T2000, Crucial is a premium memory supplier
    made by Micron memories and Sun use them to!

    So I would not hesitate to use Crucial except for one reason, if you
    wanna mix Sun and Crucial(or any other vendor like DATARAM) in the same
    bank it will not work as a Sun memory with respect to interleave factor.

    But if you only place the same memories on the same bank you should be
    avoid this.

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, May 25, 2007