Sun T2000 rear fan tray replacement

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Andreas Buschmann, Sep 26, 2010.

  1. T2000 rear fan tray replacement

    Up to last year, I could buy replacements for the Sun T2000 Rear Fan Tray
    #541-0645 for a very reasonable price (a bit above 100 Euro).

    Since this spring that part isn't available any more.
    I have now seen third party replacement parts, but they want just short
    of $1000.

    Is there any known source for just the fans (without the tray)?
    They started dying after just two years, and for 100 Euro a tray
    inhouse reparing didn't make sense. For $1000 a tray inhouse reparing
    would be economic.

    Regards
    Andreas

    Andreas Buschmann, Sep 26, 2010

  2. Re: T2000 rear fan tray replacement

    Andreas Buschmann <-h.de> wrote:

    > Up to last year, I could buy replacements for the Sun T2000 Rear Fan Tray
    > #541-0645 for a very reasonable price (a bit above 100 Euro).
    >
    > Since this spring that part isn't available any more.
    > I have now seen third party replacement parts, but they want just short
    > of $1000.
    >
    > Is there any known source for just the fans (without the tray)?
    > They started dying after just two years, and for 100 Euro a tray
    > inhouse reparing didn't make sense. For $1000 a tray inhouse reparing
    > would be economic.
    >
    > Regards
    > Andreas

    the fan itself is a NMB/Matsushita BG0801-B045-00S

    I have no idea where you'd get an exact replacement, but you might try to
    cross referce to a current equivalent. The bearings on these seem crappy.

    This fan does seems to have a sense lead.

    Cydrome Leader, Oct 8, 2010