Sunon Waturbo

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Spock, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Spock

    Spock Guest

    Hello Everyone
    I have read about the Sunon Waturbo on Toms Hardware page and do you think I
    can find out where to buy it ?
    I liked to look of the Cooler and even emailed the company and they really
    were not helpfull at all they said I had to contact their agents in
    Australia who told me it would at least 8 weeks if they had a minimum of 10
    orders. Is this Sunon REALLY interested in selling their products or
    what??????? I have not even seen any on eBay

    Why does Toms Hardware bother talking about a product that no one seams to
    have, this is not the first time they have done this. A while ago they
    reviewed a AM2 3800 35W CPU that was september and I have not seen any of
    these for sale.

    Have you seen anyone selling a Sunon Waturbo please hollar I would really
    like to know.

    Thank you

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0652-5, 01/12/2006
    Tested on: 2/12/2006 2:26:27 AM

    Spock, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Spock

    Paul Guest

    Spock wrote:
    > Hello Everyone
    > I have read about the Sunon Waturbo on Toms Hardware page and do you think I
    > can find out where to buy it ?
    > I liked to look of the Cooler and even emailed the company and they really
    > were not helpfull at all they said I had to contact their agents in
    > Australia who told me it would at least 8 weeks if they had a minimum of 10
    > orders. Is this Sunon REALLY interested in selling their products or
    > what??????? I have not even seen any on eBay
    >
    > Why does Toms Hardware bother talking about a product that no one seams to
    > have, this is not the first time they have done this. A while ago they
    > reviewed a AM2 3800 35W CPU that was september and I have not seen any of
    > these for sale.
    >

    > Have you seen anyone selling a Sunon Waturbo please hollar I would really
    > like to know.
    >

    > Thank you

    What is theta_R for the cooler ? A compact design, with not many fins on it,
    cannot cool very well. No matter how many pints of bourbon are stored in
    its tank.

    A good cooler, requires two things. It needs a good base design - the base
    has to spread the heat and couple it into the cooling fins. Then, a large
    enough fin area has to be used, to promote good heat transfer into the air,
    with a minimum of effort from the fan. In other words, a fin assembly larger
    than the CPU socket area, can allow a large cooling fan to run slowly,
    and still give adequate cooling.

    That Sunon looks very ordinary, and probably has a theta_R of around 0.35C/W
    or higher. The retail cooler that comes with your processor, will also be
    in the 0.35C/W operating range. A good aftermarket cooler has a theta_R
    of less than 0.20C/W.

    (Not very big)
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/news/2006-04/sunon_waturbo_cooler.jpg

    (CNPS9500 with theta_R of 0.16C/W or less.)
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=165&code=005

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 1, 2006