Supermicro DM3 RAM compatibility question

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by ITM, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. ITM

    ITM Guest

    I've got suspected RAM problems with a system running Windows Server
    2003 on this mobo. I currently have two Samsung PC100 322-620 256Mb
    DIMMS installed (512Mb altogether), and the system always freezes
    after a few minutes of inactivity (this is after a clean o/s install,
    with no applications installed and no programs running).

    I've tried swapping out the DIMMs with a couple of 128Mb PC100 DIMMS
    borrowed from a working Compaq. One is Compaq branded, and is labelled
    "PC100-322-620". The other is a Kingston Technologies KTC6611/128. If
    I install either of this I get repeated beeps when I restart the
    system, indicating that the memory isn't recognised.

    I'm having trouble sourcing exact replacements for the Saumsung DIMMS,
    and I'm concerned that if I buy other brands these too will be
    incompatible with the board. Could anyone tell me why these two DIMMS
    are incompatibile with this board, and provide advice on how I can
    ensure that any replacement DIMMS will work?

    TIA for any advice
    Ian