    Thank you for your time.

    Regards,
    Christopher Koeber
    Christopher Kurtis Koeber, Mar 29, 2007

  2. On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:28:27 +0000, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > The system I have built using a SuperMicro H8DCE motherboard was working
    > great for about three-four weeks after I installed two AMD Opteron -
    > Italy 275 CPUs. Yesterday, however, the system randomly rebooted and
    > ever since then I get a message saying I have mixed processors installed
    > in my system and that the system is halted.
    >
    > I have verified that both processers are exactly the same stepping and
    > all of the memory installed in the system is recommended and identical.
    >
    > What else must be done to restor my system to normal operation?
    >
    > Thank you for your time.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Christopher Koeber

    Try clearing the CMOS memory and then setting the BIOS to it's defaults.
    General Schvantzkoph, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Thanks, will give that a shot.
    Regards,
    Christopher Koeber

    Christopher Kurtis Koeber, Mar 29, 2007
  4. I reset the motherboard's settings by taking the CMOS battery out and
    putting it back in which allows me to boot up fine once but after restarting
    I get the same message again. Thanks for the help...

    Christopher Kurtis Koeber, Mar 30, 2007
  5. I completely cleared the CMOS because it asked me for the Date and Time and
    said that the default settings were applied.
    Regards,
    Christopher Koeber

    Christopher Kurtis Koeber, Apr 1, 2007

    Jonathan Roberts, Apr 1, 2007
  7. On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:10:24 +0000, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:

    > I reset the motherboard's settings by taking the CMOS battery out and
    > putting it back in which allows me to boot up fine once but after
    > restarting I get the same message again. Thanks for the help... Regards,
    > Christopher Koeber
    >
    > "General Schvantzkoph" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:28:27 +0000, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello!
    >>>
    >>> The system I have built using a SuperMicro H8DCE motherboard was
    >>> working great for about three-four weeks after I installed two AMD
    >>> Opteron - Italy 275 CPUs. Yesterday, however, the system randomly
    >>> rebooted and ever since then I get a message saying I have mixed
    >>> processors installed in my system and that the system is halted.
    >>>
    >>> I have verified that both processers are exactly the same stepping and
    >>> all of the memory installed in the system is recommended and
    >>> identical.
    >>>
    >>> What else must be done to restor my system to normal operation?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your time.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Christopher Koeber

    >> Try clearing the CMOS memory and then setting the BIOS to it's
    >> defaults.

    Is your BIOS at the latest rev? If it isn't then the next thing to do
    would be to update the BIOS. If that doesn't work then you should RMA the
    board.
    General Schvantzkoph, Apr 1, 2007
  8. Well I did update the BIOS but the issue persists so I will RMA the board.
    Thank you for all of your help. I will keep you posted.

    Christopher Kurtis Koeber, Apr 3, 2007