    Realtek 8111D (E?) Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    and I'm wondering whether all of that is supported (including the
    6Gb/s SATA interface) together with an AMD X6 CPU.
    Claus Aßmann, Oct 3, 2010

  2. Claus Aßmann ha scritto:
    > Does the latest SunOS 5.10 release (upgrade 9) support motherboards
    > based on the AMD 880G chipset? I'm interested in the Asus M4A88TD-M
    > with:
    > AMD 880G + SB710 Chipset
    > ATI Radeon HD 4250
    > Realtek 8111D (E?) Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    > and I'm wondering whether all of that is supported (including the
    > 6Gb/s SATA interface) together with an AMD X6 CPU.

    Did you already check the Solaris Hardware Compatibility List?

    http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sol/

    Regards,

    --
    Alessandro Selli, http://alessandro.route-add.net
    AVVERTENZA: i messaggi inviati a "trappola" non mi arriveranno.
    Alessandro Selli, Oct 5, 2010

  3. Alessandro Selli wrote:

    > Did you already check the Solaris Hardware Compatibility List?

    Yes, I did not find the 880G mentioned there ("newest" was 785G, but
    motherboards with that chipset don't support 6Gb/s SATA), I also
    searched the web (and usenet postings) and found mailing list entries
    where one person wrote OpenSolaris failed to boot on a machine with a
    890GX chipset, while someone from Sun said it would work "internally"
    (but didn't mention which OS version, maybe SunOS 5.11 (pre-release?)
    as most engineers seem to run that). Hence I'm posting here to see
    whether someone can provide some information. Thanks!
    Claus Aßmann, Oct 6, 2010
  4. Claus Aßmann

    stars1973

    Joined: