Supra laptop - need advice on internal disc drive and info on laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by tahir.hafiz@gmail.com, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK.

    It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find
    anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop
    or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same
    question about Supra has come up before but without any response.

    Is Supra now Sager ????

    Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at
    least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW.
    Basically, I want to be able to watch dvds on the Supra.

    But what internal drives will fit the laptop??

    I don't know anything about internal dvd/cd drives so I don't want to
    make a mistake and get one which will not fit the laptop! How can I
    tell if they will fit or not??

    Thanks,
    Tahir
    , Jun 13, 2006

  2. Kevin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK.
    >
    > It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find
    > anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop
    > or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same
    > question about Supra has come up before but without any response.
    >
    > Is Supra now Sager ????
    >
    > Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at
    > least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW.
    > Basically, I want to be able to watch dvds on the Supra.
    >
    > But what internal drives will fit the laptop??
    >
    > I don't know anything about internal dvd/cd drives so I don't want to
    > make a mistake and get one which will not fit the laptop! How can I
    > tell if they will fit or not??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tahir

    It is a Sager product. A Google search (supra laptop) reveals that much.
    But it is also a dinosaur. You can purchase a brand new laptop for about
    $500. I would not waste any more cash on it.
    Kevin, Jun 13, 2006