    The switch on my 500MX, which is long out of warranty, is not working
    properly and I expect will fail.

    Has anyone replaced one of these switches?

    swalker, May 15, 2007

  2. swalker

    Ben Myers Guest

    I have not done this with a 500MX, but you should be able to remove the plastic
    front panel, carefully remove the switch and replace it with a good one
    scavenged from another old computer case. If there is a single integrated
    connector to the motherboard from the front panel, you would also need to
    replace the LEDs in the front panel, then attach each set of wires
    individually... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 15, 2007

  3. swalker

    swalker Guest

    On Tue, 15 May 2007 00:10:19 -0400, Ben Myers
    <> wrote:

    >I have not done this with a 500MX, but you should be able to remove the plastic
    >front panel, carefully remove the switch and replace it with a good one
    >scavenged from another old computer case. If there is a single integrated
    >connector to the motherboard from the front panel, you would also need to
    >replace the LEDs in the front panel, then attach each set of wires
    >individually... Ben Myers
    >
    >On Mon, 14 May 2007 22:28:32 -0500, swalker <> wrote:
    >
    >>The switch on my 500MX, which is long out of warranty, is not working
    >>properly and I expect will fail.
    >>
    >>Has anyone replaced one of these switches?

    Thanks, think I will take the problem to a local fix-it place.

    swalker, May 17, 2007