    Does any one else have an MX3311b ??
    Is this typical behaviour for this Notebook??

    Brian :paranoid:
    BRIAN HILL, Jan 31, 2007

  2. BRIAN HILL

    BRIAN HILL Guest

    Worse, I use the machine over the week-end connected to the mains; I
    have a program which shows me the charge state of my battery and after
    about 3 hours on charge - from 'empty' it finally shows 100%.

    The machine is switched off, then disconnected from the mains each
    night; next morning it shows 73 to 74%; At switch off, on Sunday
    evening it reads 100% but when next switched 'on', Friday evening, it
    won't! I have to connect the charger for a minute or two before it
    will switch on.

    The battery is an 6-cell lithium-ion, as supplied.

    This is actually my wifes laptop; Mine is an Averatec and it holds its
    charge for at least 3 weeks - didn't use it during my Xmas holiday and
    it switched on showing 93% on my return from holiday.
    Brian
    BRIAN HILL, Feb 3, 2007

  3. BRIAN HILL

    Davy Guest

    New batteries usually takes two or three recharges before reaching
    their full capacity ratings.

    So what we are saying basically you charged the batteries say Friday
    and after 9 day's they wanted a recharge, obviously I assume you
    charged them in accordance with the 'user manual'.

    Just curious as to the type of battery that you are using ie. Nicads,
    Lithium Ion etc, I 'may' be able to understand the problem if they
    were Nicads... but Lithium should last much longer.

    Another important factor is their capacity... usually given in mA per
    hour (milli Amp).

    Davy
    Davy, Feb 3, 2007
  4. BRIAN HILL

    Davy Guest

    Hi Brian,
    If it's new would it not be viable to take it back and get it
    checked.... I can't say if this is normal or not, maybe dropping an
    Email to Gateway may help.

    The bit about charging two or three times before reaching full
    capacity does not apply to Lithium Ion see-:
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm

    Think I'd be tempted to drop a post in 'Laptop' section here
    http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=13

    Sorry can't help you further, maybe someone will come along with first
    hand experience.

    Davy
    Davy, Feb 3, 2007