    to use as a replacement for a note pad and planner. I'd really appreciate
    hearing from experienced slate users as to recommendations and thoughts.

    TIA.
    Wait, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Wait

    terri Guest

    As of right now, only the Motion M1300 offers a slate with Centrino. The
    Centrino with the Pentium-M is faster than a Pentium III-M. A 1.6Ghz
    Pentium-M is 13% faster than a 2.4 Pentium 4M according to Intel.

    --
    Terri Stratton
    http://thetabletpc.net

    "David Cleland" <> wrote in message

    > > Currently I use a Toshiba 3505 and really like the speed. But when I use

    > it
    > > as a tablet for note taking and the like, the thickness of the device

    and
    > > the screen glare are real impediments, as is the weight. As a result, I

    > find
    > > myself using it as an ultraportable notebook more than a tablet. It is a
    > > great notebook, but consequently I am missing some of the benefits I

    > wanted
    > > from the tablet.

    > It looks as if you are at the same crossroads I am :) I have spent about a
    > week looking into this and I keep coming back to my toshiba. According to
    > much of the benchmarking being done the tosh does very well, it has sd,

    cf,

    terri, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Wait

    Jim Guest

    I own an compaq TC1000. It's perfect for the office,
    conference rooms, notetaking, home on the wireless
    network. Seriously, it is a gem.

    Unfortunately, it is slow. I'm looking forward to the
    next version from Compaq.

    I have made several calls to technical support, and each
    time they have been extremely helpful. Compared to my
    last 12 years of Toshiba's laptop support, I'd buy an
    HP/Compaq tablet again, just for that reason.

    In summary, wait for the next version of HP/Compaq then
    do a reevaluation.

    jim

    NEC intriguing
    >because of its light weight and the Fujitsu because of

    its antiglare
    >feature. I would use the tablet primarily for

    calendaring, planning, email
    >and web browsing, mainly in an office conference rooms

    and at home on a
    >wireless network, but also in some travel and on

    airplanes. I don't really
    >plan to use the machine outside, but I would like

    something very comfortable

    Jim, Aug 8, 2003